Debe Maxwell, in her post today about "Put A Wrap on Your 2017 Business Plan" listed 8 things to do to get ready for the new year. I particularly noticed #7 - which I am assuming was not in any special sequential order by priority - that stated the following:
Designations: Now is a GREAT time to start a class or two to obtain another designation that will help you with your business. I know, a lot of agents believe that clients don't really care what's behind your name but, you will be surprised just how much you learn in just one of these classes each year! Educating YOURSELF truly does help YOUR business!
Let me second this point and offer my help.
You can (1) take your real estate sales business to the next level, (2) perform a fantastic service for your clientele, (3) make quicker sales in the process, and (4) increase referrals, by earning a very popular designation that will allow you to work more effectively with any of following types of clients or situations in the new year:
- People looking for a long-term home that will serve their needs indefinitely
- People looking to purchase their last home (that provides good accessibility and convenience of use for them)
- People who do a lot of entertaining
- People who need safe living environments
- Multigenerationl households
- Homes where an aging parent is living with them or will in the near future
- Homes that need some remodeling to customize or personalize them to what the client is seeking
- Homes that need to accommodate special needs due to physical impairments or aging issues
- Add a new dimension to your SRES or AHWD designations from NAR
The designation is the "Certified Aging In Place Specialist (CAPS)" that I offer through the National Association of Home Builders in Florida, in many parts of the Eastern United States.
This program is an excellent fit for real estate sales professionals, and I would love to discuss how it can help you grow your business and serve your clientele better.
To learn more about the program, visit my website. Then drop me a text or email message or give me a call so we can discuss accomplishing what Debe so well stated in her post - getting another designation to help you with your business and especially the clients you serve!
Steve Hoffacker, CAPS, CEAC, SHSS, is a licensed Certified Aging In Place Specialist - Master Instructor and best-selling author of aging in place books and programs. Visit stevehoffacker.com or call 561-685-5555. Also, check out "Aging & Accessibility" groups on Facebook and LinkedIn.