Selling a home is one of the most important financial decisions you will make, and working with the right realtor to market your home, is another important decision you will make to achieve the best possible benefit.
Ask a family member, friend or neighbour if they have used the services of a real estate agent recently and ask about the quality of service the agent provided. Referrals are a good way to find a great agent.
If you don’t have that option available, here are some things to consider when selecting an agent to represent you.
Choose a realtor who:
- works in, and is familiar with your city and neighbourhood
- has a presence on the internet
- has a vibrant and dynamic website to market your home
- works full-time in the real estate business.
- keeps up with the latest market trends.
- is accessible through a pager and cell phone.
- works from an office that is open evenings and weekends to accept calls from prospective buyers.
- has high ethical standards, who is honest and who will put your interests first and foremost.
- is detail oriented in order to protect your interests.
- has the training, the know-how and experience in the negotiation process to help you obtain the best possible price.
- you feel personally comfortable with, who is a professional, and in whom you can feel confidence and trust.
- listens carefully to what you say, and will respond to your specific needs.
- has experience …someone who will provide you with a full explanation of what to expect along the way.
- can provide all the services you may need during the course of the selling process.
- is fully computer literate to maximize the marketing of your home through various internet websites
- provides a high degree of service, customized to meet your needs
- is easily accessible.
- whose office is open 7 days a week.
- carries a communication device at all times, so will return your call promptly
- will provide personal, customized service based on each client’s individual needs
Be selective and interview 2-3 agents. Ask questions. Select an agent you feel most comfortable with, someone who you feel will listen to your needs, and will have your best interests in the forefront. Ask them to provide you with the names of past clients so you can call and ask them about their experience with the agent.
Buying or selling a home can be a stress free experience with the results you want … if.. you leave it in the hands of a knowledgable and experienced professional…and by choosing the RIGHT realtor.
I live and work in STREETSVILLE and have a vested interest in property values here. Are you considering buying or selling or know anyone who is? Give me a call for a complimentary evaluation of your home in this changing market. (416) 717-6331.
When you choose me to handle your real estate needs, you are choosing a real estate professional who:
- cares about you and your family
- who will listen to your needs
- who will work together with you
- who will protect your interests to achieve your objectives.