Sellers (FSBO), Are You Prepared to Negotiate?
Selling your home without the services of a real estate agent could save you thousands of dollars in commissions, but it's not as easy as you think. Selling your home involves a lot of work and the ability to negotiate is essential since it will determine whether you get the best deal.
If you decide to sell your home on your own, keep in mind that you must be prepared to negotiate with other people and various companies. The list includes, but is not limited to, the following:
- Buyer who is seeking the best deal.
- Buyer's agent who has the best interests of the buyer.
- Buyer's lender if the mortgage is structured for seller participation.
- Appraisers if there is a question about property value.
- Home inspection companies who may identify problems with the property.
- Title companies if there is a problem with the title.
- Your bank if you have a short sale.
During this process, you may encounter other issues that require negotiation skills, finesse, the ability to handle objections, and a great deal of patience. So be prepared or contact an experienced Realtor who can make the process as stress free as possible!
Image courtesy of Stuart Miles of FreeDigitalPhotos.net