North Clairemont is entirely in the zip code of 92117. It neighbors Bay Ho to the west and Bay Park, Clairemont Mesa West and Clairemont Mesa East are to the south. North Clairemont has a very well-known shopping center called Clairemont Town Square. Clairemont Town Square is located at both intersections of Clairemont Drive and Clairemont Mesa Blvd. Clairemont Drive as it goes north at the first intersection of Claremont Mesa Blvd. will then hook right and then slightly south to intersect with Clairemont Mesa Blvd. again leaving the area between Clairemont Drive and Clairemont Mesa Blvd. as the location of the Clairemont Town Square Shopping Center.
The Clairemont Town Square shopping center has just about everything, Vons, Big Lots, CVS, Outback, Chili’s, Movie Theater and many more dining and shopping selections. Locally we call it “The Square” or “Clairemont Square”. One of my favorite places to eat in North Clairemont is Fish Attack Sushi which is located on Clairemont Drive just south of The Square.
Real Estate in North Clairemont is very diverse. There are single family homes, condos, duplexes and apartments. North Clairemont has the largest concentration of duplexes in Clairemont. Over the years Clairemont duplexes have become very popular for both home buyers and investors. They are sought after for their location, investment income or just a great place to live while at the same time renting out half of the duplex to offset the payment of a mortgage. The most common duplexes in this area are 1 building 2 unit properties with 2 bedrooms and 1 bathroom. They will usually have a 1 car garage each and a nice little yard for each of the residences. There are also some triplexes in North Clairemont.
North Clairemont has many homes on the canyon which can the sit on the Tecolote Canyon or the San Clement Canyon as well as some of the smaller unnamed canyons. There are many original single story, 3 bedroom, 1 bath homes here and there are also some that have been remodeled and flipped as well as added on to for a larger footprint home. If you’re interested in this area give The Lewis Team a call and we’ll get you dialed in.
The boundaries for North Clairemont are:
- South of 52
- East of Regents Road and Clairemont Drive and east of Feather Ave
- North of Balboa Avenue at Clairemont Drive – follow the canyon just east of Clairemont Drive on Balboa Avenue (by Canyon View Church of Christ) north, the canyon loops right to Genesee Avenue, from Genesee Avenue to Clairemont Mesa Blvd. sets the southern border
- West of the 805
Things of interest in North Clairemont include:
- Boys and Girls Club of Greater San Diego
- 4635 Clairemont Mesa Blvd, San Diego, CA 92117 – (858) 866-0591
- North Clairemont Library
- 4616 Clairemont Drive, San Diego, CA 92117 – (858) 581-9931
- US Post Office
- 5052 Clairemont Drive, San Diego, CA 92117 – (858) 273-0558
Shopping and Dining in North Clairemont
- Clairemont Town Square
- Diane Village Shopping Center
Schools in North Clairemont
- Creative Performing and Media Arts School
- Hawthorne Elementary School
- Innovation Middle Schools
- Northminster Preschool
- Whitman Elementary School
Parks in North Clairemont
- Gershwin Neighborhood Park
- North Clairemont Community Park
Interested in Clairemont Mesa East Real Estate?
Home Value Check in Clairemont
Call The Lewis Team