As a brand new agent I had to find ways to connect with potential clients, let my friends know I was now a Realtor® and then create a game plan for keeping in touch. I teamed up with my long-time friend and we figured the best way to start off with a bang was to host a Christmas party. We did that on December 10, 2016 and as you can see from the pics, it was a huge success and we plan on continuing the tradition, and adding 2-3 charity events throughout the year as well. We both are firm believers in giving back and want to be known for our compassion. Our 2017 Mission Statement:
"Miami Realtors® making real change by igniting Miami's magic with love, light and awareness".
The launch party allowed us to connect with old friends and make new ones. Here's our plans for 2017 and keeping in touch:
- Becoming friends on Facebook or IG: This allows others to see our personality and by liking their posts as well we can stay in touch without being annoying. This tactic alone has given me my first real lead and an amazing connection for a preferred lender. He was my instructor and has started his own lending practice. I wouldn't have known this if we weren't friends on Facebook.
- Happy Birthday: Who doesn't want to be remembered on their birthday? This is THEIR day and even better if you have their address to actually send a card and not just a text or email.
- Getting personal: Do they like chocolate, giraffes or a Disney buff? Knowing something personal allows you to really make a memorable impression. Tag them in a post that relates to them or send them a small gift randomly with a note "I know you love Disney and this made me think of you". HINT: You get to know these things being friends on social media.
- Call: Picking up the phone and calling someone has become so "yesterday" but people LOVE this. Nothing complicated. Just a simple "Hi, wanted to see how you're doing".... blows people away.
- Sharing: Sharing is caring and many of my friends are business owners. I love to share how amazing they are and guess what? It's usually reciprocated and you are in their mind as a team player.
- Monthly newsletters: Not boring, generic emails. I plan on doing a monthly one but with our personality included. People want to know you. Let them in on who you are. Be fun. Be interesting.
Here's to an awesome 2017 and much success, joy and love to all!