7 Good Reasons to Get a Home Inspection on a New Home
Many buyers ask why they should get a home inspection on a new home?
Through the years I have seen incomplete construction, shortcuts and improper installation be reported on new home inspection reports. These are reasons enough to invest the small fee into a new home inspection before closing. Not convinced?
Here are 7 more reasons you should get a new home inspection before purchasing.
1. Builders get in a hurry and sometimes do not finish the installation of certain products.
2. Builders in colder climates sometimes fail to insulate water pipes. These may freeze.
3. Appliances and light fixtures, even though new, may not work when installed.
4. Plumbers sometimes miss small leaks and need to get this fixed before damage occurs.
5. There have been times that dryer vents were not vented to the outside of the home.
6. Dirt and soil settles around foundations causing puddling and water to go under the house. More dirt may need to be brought in to create better drainage.
7. Codes inspectors make mistakes too. Having another pair of eyes to look over the house is good insurance against problems that might have been overlooked.
Always get a home inspection even if it is a new house. Even in small towns where you know the builders this step should not be skipped.
Tennessee Law requires that new homes must convey with a one-year builder warranty. This is only as good as the reputation of the builder and the financial capability that the builder will be able to stand behind his product. Subcontractors are to warrant their part of the construction for the year's period but sometimes this doesn't happen either. These are additional reasons to get a home inspection before closing.
In Clarksville, TN the codes inspectors come to the property 3 to 5 times during the construction process. Mistakes happen and faulty materials may be overlooked.
Here are some other posts on similar subjects.
This information is brought to you by Clarksville Real Estate Agent, Debbie Reynolds, 931-320-6730.