Bridget’s & Skip’s Tips for Getting the HIGHEST Sales Price
It is important to make the first impression count! Follow these tips to prepare your home for showings and we’ll show off your work with beautiful photos.
All areas of the home
- Get your house sparkling clean! This can be the least expensive thing you do but go the furthest! Thoroughly clean the whole house (vacuum & shampoo carpets, mop & polish hard floors, clean countertops, clean windows, clean walls). Hire a pro if it is too much to handle on your own. We can provide names.
- Repair dripping faucets, crooked drawers, tighten hardware.
- CLEAR AWAY ALL CLUTTER! If you are serious about staging your home, all clutter must go. Utilize off site storage if necessary but pack it up and get it out of your home. It is well worth the trouble, your home will show better.
- Open your closets: visitors will open them and closet space can be a make-it-or-break-it selling point for buyers. Aim to have 20-30% of open closet space to give the impression or spaciousness.
- Turn all overhead lights and lamps ON and make sure bulbs work
- Replace all burned out light bulbs AND use bulbs of the same temperature (ALL incandescent or ALL compact fluorescent)
- Remove personal photographs (or replace with general landscape/object photographs)
- Make all beds
- Remove small floor rugs to reveal actual flooring
- Place all shoes/jackets in closets
- Clean up landscaping (mow, trim shrubs, clear leaves)
- Take a look at the roof if you can, replace stray or warped roofing shingles
- Fix cracks and bulges in walks and driveways; also remove oil stains.
- Remove empty planters
- Use broom to remove cobwebs from eaves and door frames
- Touch up exterior paint where needed
- Clean porch, tidy up outdoor tables/chairs/cushions (Pillows/cushions should be fresh, not faded)
- Tidy up visible water hoses
- Remove toys
- Wash windows
- Purchase a new doormat
- Remove non-matching or excessive outdoor furniture
- Clear countertops completely. No knife blocks, baking supplies, mail
- Leave out max of one small appliance (ex. coffee maker)
- Clear outside of refrigerator of magnets, papers, photos, etc
- Clean oven, exhaust hood, cabinet doors, clean counters
Dining Room / Table
- Clear table, dust and polish the table top
- Use decorative place setting if available – or a bowl of lemons (Michael’s sells inexpensive clear glass vases and fake lemons – it goes a long way!)
Living / Family Room
- Remove stacks of magazines, papers, mail, etc.
- De-clutter fireplace mantel/hearth (no more than 5 items, including art)
- Clean interior of fireplace
- Remove kid's toys
- Make bed, including decorative pillows/shams if available
- Clear nightstands of all personal items
- Remove all clutter from top of dressers
- Remove family photos from walls, personalized names and stickers/posters
- Clean under bed, removing items that may show in the photos
- Clear countertops completely. No soap, toothbrushes, medications, deodorant, etc.
- Remove shampoo, soap, loofahs, etc. from showers and tubs
- Remove dirty towels - leave out only new, unused towels
- Remove floor mats
- Make sure your garage is cleaned out and/or tidy up as much as possible.
- Place food and water bowls in pantry or closet
- Place pet beds/toys in pantry or closet
- Use lint roller on furniture to remove pet hair
- Contain pets in hidden crate or outside
- Clear back yard of pet waste/toys
Your home SOLD… GUARANTEED!
Call US today for a FREE home evaluation
Bridget’s Cell: 570-840-1314 | Skip’s Cell: 570-840-6701
Skip Regenski & Bridget Gelderman, Realtors | Davis R. Chant
2483 Route 6, Hawley, PA 18428