2017 is all about renewal and a deep desire for positive change and, our home design trends will be reflected in this sentiment.
Here's 8 hot trends to embrace for 2017:
1. Greenery: Pantone released its 2017 color of the year and this earthy yet bright hue is refreshing and comforting at the same time. To me it exudes new life and plan to add this more into my own color scheme at home. This looks gorgeous with warm beige tones and bright whites.
2. Texture: We are craving comfort and this means that texture will be huge in 2017. From walls to plush velvet seating, we want to connect and engage... to escape the impersonal and one-dimensional digital world we have become accustomed to.
3. Jewel Tones: Bright, lively jewel tones to add pops of happiness will be seen accompanied by rich metals, warm woods and lots of whimsy.
4. Kitchen Bars: We spend a lot of time in the kitchen and what a great way to connect with family and friends than to invite them in?
5. Poised Taupe: Gray has been holding its own for quite some time but Sherwin-Williams says a warmer hue of gray is making its way into 2017. Meet Poised Taupe. I love it! (photo courtesy of Sherwin-Williams)
6. More Play Space: We work hard and want our homes to be a refuge. More fun, playful spaces are meant to once again, connect us to family members and create fun spaces for gathering.
7. Romance: Romantic bedrooms will include lots of richness, texture and ambience.
8. Mixed metals, woods and patterns: Stark, boring and predictable is out. We want contrast, depth and to have our senses ignited.
Here's my YouTube Video - Enjoy!