Such a great Blog. I am reposting for others to see.
Staying Connected ~ Keeping in Touch ~ Creating a Buzz
Larry Johnston is hosting Keeping in Touch Contest for an end of the year finale! This is my entry:
We all know (or should know) it’s vital to keep in contact with past clients whether they are a Buyer, Seller or a Seller who is ready to buy! According to ABOR 88% of buyers would use the same agent or recommend them to others so I’m going to definitely make sure I stay in contact with my past clients and make sure they know I'm in business.
Turning past transactions into ongoing business will be the lifeblood of your business if you remain “Top of Mind” to your past clients. They will be a never ending referral source and sales if you keep in touch and foster those relationships!
How do I keep “Top of Mind” and create a buzz about my services with my clients?
1. Staying visible – I make it a point to sponsor community and school events and attend taking photos and visiting with as many people as possible. Perception of being invloved everywhere is important.
2. Monthly e-newsletter – A short (no more than 3 pieces of information – including my monthly blog on Austin Real Estate) and my Calendar Events of “What is Going on in Austin.” Give something of value that directly affects them and they will read it.
3. Every Thanksgiving the boy scouts deliver my calendars to everyone in the community I market and are mailed to past clients living in other areas.
4. I provide a website for my community called CanyonCreeknews.com. I spotlight events, people in the community, and statistical reports on real estate (monthly, quarterly and yearly). I train my audience to read the content I provide for our neighborhood and in turn receive 24/7 exposure.
5. I tailor my personal “one on one” visits to fit my clients. One client/now a friend I meet every year the first of December for some Christmas cheer. Some clients I personally deliver bright red poinsettias. A phone call for lunch fits better for some or I send a note with a gift card to Starbucks to let them know I’m thinking of them.
6. I hold my own open houses (with customized directional signs with my name on it) because often past clients in my market area stop in to say hi. Residents thinking of selling stop in and introduce themselves to me, and to set an appointment to come meet with them to list their home (Open Houses are a good way for those thinking of selling to see how my listings show with my marketing materials displayed). I’ve directed them via my Open House for a personal visit!
7. My signs are customized with my photo and a rider training everyone to visit my Canyon Creek Website. I created a “Look who sold another one” sign that goes up next to my sign after we are past the financing condition on my listings under contract. Staying visible and making sure the community sees my listings selling is of utmost importance in keeping me “Top of Mind.”
I’ve learned that Theodore Roosevelt’s quote “ No one cares how much you know, until they know how much you care” is so true! By showing my clients I’m available, approachable and willing to work diligently with and for them, their friends and neighbors, I’m maintaining “Top of Mind” all through the year.
My marketing comes in all forms ...personal touches are a must but I am now recognizable thanks to my consistent marketing and the word has spread. I’ve spent years creating a BUZZ about my services and its all working in concert with my personal touches!