Douglas County Wisconsin; Forests, Wildlife, and Land Report January 2017
At the north edge of this county you will find Northern Wisconsin's largest port and great views of Lake Superior, but it gets even better when you discover the vast forests, rivers and lakes further inland.
This heavily forested county is a prized recreation place for hunters, hikers, boaters and more who come here to enjoy the lakes and forests.
This county is also the home of Jean Hedren who you will find not only writing blogs about great recreational opportunities in Northwestern Wisconsin, but she is also the expert in the area to see when you want to find that really great property.
Our clients at Woodland Management Service own some very nice forest land properties in this county and are quite happy with the quality wildlife, timber, hunting and recreation found here.
Douglas County is home to over 660 thousand acres of forest land.
Most of this forest land is Aspen with nearly 300 thousand acres of this high quality Wildlife habitat.
Secondary forestland types include Oak comprising 92 thousand acres, Northern Hardwoods (Maple, Ash, Basswood) with 74 thousand acres of Northern Hardwoods. And 90 thousand acres of Red, White and Jack Pine.
In addition to producing income for our clients these forests are also great habitat for high quality Deer, Grouse, Bears, Wolves, and more.
When you are interested in purchasing land in Douglas County call Jean.
If you already own some and would like to learn more about how to improve this land, give me a call, our Foresters and Wildlife Specialists can help.
A few other articles to check out.
- Click here to learn more
What is a Forester & Why do I Need a Forester?
Buying and Selling Forest Land
- Top 10 List for Selling Your Forestland at a Premium Price.
- What Is My Tree Worth? Q&A#3
- Forestland Evaluations, dont Buy or Sell Forestland without one.
- FAQ - How important is Access When Selling Hunting and Recreational Land?
Managing the Forest
- Your Forest May Need a Little Help
- FAQ Is leaving my woodland alone best for Wildlife & Forest Health?
- FAQ How do I create a Wildlife Paradise on my Property?
- FAQ How do I Encourage More Wildlife on My Land?
- FAQ What is Hygrading and why is it so Bad??
- FAQ I Have Recently Purchased/Inherited Some Forest Land. What's Next?
- Need a Break on your Forestland Taxes?
- Why Should I Hire A Forester To Sell My Timber? Q&A#4
- Do I need to have a Clear Cut on my property? Q&A#3
- Spring and Summer Danger, Oak Wilt can kill your most valuable trees
- Hunters are Looking to Lease Your Forestland