Real Estate Broker Ponzi Scheme
An Orlando real estate broker was arrested in Miami FL. He is accused of running a $4million dollar Ponzi scheme selling fake properties to foreign investors.
The charges include 17 counts of wire fraud. It has been under investigation for over a year. In 2015 Federal agents seized properties throughout Central FL. Victims of his scheme that have come forward are from Italy and Venezuela. Arraignment was scheduled for yesterday January 18th, 2017."Orlando-area residents named in federal documents include Alfano, Victoriya Johnson, and Rasul Atakov, among others. They allegedly worked under business names such as Orlando Trust Properties and Golden Investments Inc." Paul Brinkmann, Contact Reporter
Homes and cars seized previously in the alleged scheme include:
--6120 Roseate Spoonbill Drive in Windermere
--7123 Yacht Basin Avenue Unit 314 in Orlando
--20335 W. Country Club Drive Unit 2003 in Aventura
--3029 N.E. 188th Street Unit 523 in Aventura
--2013 Mercedes Benz SLK350 and 2011 BMW X6 titled to Johnson
For the complete article, click the following link; http://www.orlandosentinel.com/business/brinkmann-on-business/os-leone-alfano-arrest-20170106-story.html
Narrow Down the Search of Real Estate Brokerages: by Brightwood College, 1/30/14
- What is the company’s reputation locally and/or nationally as a real estate brokerage?
- Is the company well established in the local area?
- Does the brokerage specialize in a certain area of real estate?
- How is the quality and quantity of ads in the local papers and on Internet sites?
- Do they effectively promote properties, the office, and their agents?
- How many real estate agents work out of the office?
- Do they serve a large market? Is it in the areas you would like to work?