6 Money-Wise Tips for Your Tax Refund
Tax refunds present an opportunity to better your financial health. Unfortunately, many refund recipients don’t take advantage of it.
If you receive a refund this year, consider using it in one (or all!) of the following ways:
- Pay Off Debt – When you receive your refund, resist the urge to spend it on a shopping spree, fancy dinner or pricey vacation. Instead, use your refund to pay down credit card balances, student loans, auto loans or other debt.
- Pay Down Your Mortgage – Direct your refund toward your mortgage principal. Even one extra payment each year can shave noticeable interest off your mortgage.
- Boost Your Savings – If you’re debt-free, put your money toward your emergency savings fund, retirement plan or college savings account.
- Adjust Your Withholding – File a new W4 to increase your allowances and pay the appropriate amount of taxes throughout the year. Use the IRS withholding calculator and aim for the number of allowances that satisfies 100 to 110 percent of last year’s tax payment.
- Use Direct Deposit – Set up an automatic deposit to direct the money you would have spent on excess taxes into an interest-bearing savings account. You won’t notice the difference in your paycheck— it’s money that would have been withheld for taxes—but your contributions will quickly add up.
- Down Payment-on your new home.
“While it’s fun to receive a wind-fall of cash, it’s important for consumers to understand the IRS isn’t giving away money—they’re returning money they borrowed, interest-free, all year long,” adds Sullivan. “It’s a good idea to adjust your withholdings to break even and make your money work for you—not just the government—throughout the year.”
Please contact me if you have any questions or need any additional real estate buying or selling information I'd be happy to assist.
I love real estate there is no greater feeling than seeing your customer's happy!!!
Remember if you have any questions about First Time Home Buyers Programs or any Real Estate matter I'm just a phone call or email away. I'm waiting to hear from you!
Coldwell Banker/Camelot Realty
1898 N. Donnelly Street
Mount Dora, FL32757
My website: http://patwchampion.mfr.mlsmatrix.com
For Winning results call the “CHAMPION” for all your Real Estate Needs