I have often said a real estate agent in the middle of a contentious transaction is like a conductor of a symphony trying to get all the pieces to work together. Whether in real estate or a heated discussion with politics, religion, or controversial topics at lunch or a dinner party or social media you want to be a
Guidelines to get to "harmony" remember to:
- you don't have to give in to get along, surrendering, but be better at understanding
- as I said in New Year New Ways, practice suspending judgment
- Do not escalate things with inflammatory or profanity laced language
- YOU be the calm adult person in the room. I know it can be hard sometimes especially when maybe a personal attack flies your way, but these adult people do really exist
- Maintain your long view of what you are trying to accomplish, where you are attempting to get to. Chaos never ends in anything good.
- Add some structure to the discussion, with ideas that start with what if? have you thought of? how does this sound?
- Finally, remain at inner peace, the water off the duck back while paddling fast underwater.