©Reflections by Patricia Feager, 1/29/2017
January 29th is always a day of reflection for me. These are the lessons I've learned in life that shaped me into the person I am today. The road less traveled always gives me more than I asked. It gives me courage and strength. Hope is our future. Life is worth living without regrets. This is a photo of my last big hike at Glacier National Park in October 2016 at Logan's Pass. It will not be my last. This photo depicts all the roads I've traveled. I've traveled the high road, the low road, treacherous ones, scary ones, wide roads and narrow, some were lit and others kept me in the dark, there were bumpy roads, and roads I felt I was going to fall off a cliff but I kept going. I always remembered what a stranger, a man from India, whose only possession he had was the coins in his pocket told me back in 1988. Life is worth living. We are all put on this earth for a reason, created to help one another not cause harm.
- A spouse, a partner, a loved one isn't perfect - For better or worse, love them anyway.
- A child, teenager, student, kids on the block - Forgive them, they have a lot to learn.
- A sibling, roommate, or step brothers & sisters - Be a team, not an enemy in life and death.
- A parent, guardian or step-parent - They lived a life you didn't know, show compassion.
- A friend, an acquaintance, a neighbor - Never take them for granted.
- A client, consumer, or customer - Listen, be polite, and maintain professionalism.
- A law enforcement officer, fire & rescue - Try to see the world through their eyes.
- A politician or person in public office - Exercise your power to vote and give people a chance.
- A soldier - Don't just wave a flag, honor them, support them, hire them, give back to your country.
- A doctor, lawyer, or employer - None of them are gods, just people like you & me with authority.
- A pet, an animal, bird or reptile - They are all creatures on earth with a purpose.
- A home, a rental, apartment, or someone's home - Be glad you have a place to call home or visit.
- A religious person - Don't judge; be humble.
- A person who is different or difficult - Be tolerant.
- A natural disaster - Pitch in, volunteer, show empathy, help.
- A milestone - Celebrate.
- A death in a family or friend - Don't be afraid of the survivors; when you say you'll be there, be there.
"Love & compassion are necessities, not luxuries.
Without them, humanity cannot survive."
--- Dalai Lama