Every region has their strength and weaknesses and a buyer profile. Here is Northern Virginia home buyers common search criteria profile:
Here is Northern Virginia home buyers common search criteria profile:
1. Location: Fairfax, Arlington, Loudoun or Prince William. These are the top 5 counties buyers narrow down from where they have to start their initial house hunt from. I have buyers who will start in Fairfax and end up buying in Loudoun County or the other way around depending on their work and personal life situation.
2. Age of the home: Many of the first time home buyers I work with they don't want an older home. It is a taboo. However, once they start exploring their options and see many of the older homes have fine upgrades that they
3. Schools: Sometimes school criteria precedes the location and age. I had many of my home buyers who want to be in a particular school district because of ranking or special needs.
4. Commute: Many of the relocating buyer to the Northern Virginia underestimate the traffic congestion. Being a resident now close to 2 decades I can personal say Yes, we have a horrendous commute with limited public transportation options.
5. Garage: Believe it or not we don't have the horrific winter but buyers do want a garage. Most of the time as a homeowner we know that garage becomes a storage facility.
Other criteria which are common are a yard, size of the bedrooms, gas or electric heating system in the house and updates.
If you are planning to buy your home in Northern Virginia consult your buyer real estate agent what location will fit your search criteria. Explore your options.