MORTGAGE INTEREST RATE LOCK ADVISORY
February 6, 2017, 7:55 AM PT
- 1-15 Day Close: FLOAT
- 16-30 Day Close: FLOAT With Caution
- 31-45 Day Close: LOCK
- Recommendations can change throughout the day.
- Click for current Lock Advice
- Average 30-Yr FRM, Unchanged 4.19% on 2-2-17
Rate Price Based on 3.5% MBS, Down -0.18 Point.
DJI Stocks - Currently, $20,070.63, Down ($0.83) 0%
Asian & European Stock Market Indexes Up 0.058%
Crude Oil (WTI) - Currently, $53.42, Down ($0.41)
Gold 1 Ounce - Currently, $1,230.80, Up $9.40
- Rate Lock Advisory. Close in less than 30 days, Float this morning and check market this afternoon. Still recommend locking loans that are scheduled to close >30 days.
- Monday Market: There is no news scheduled today that is expected to move rates one way or the other.
- Friday's Rate Results: Mortgage Pricing based on Mortgage Backed Securities (MBS) closed unchanged from Thursday.
- 30-year fixed-rate mortgage (FRM) averaged 4.19 percent with an average 0.5 point for the week ending Feb. 2, 2017, unchanged from last week. A year ago at this time, the 30-year FRM averaged 3.72 percent.
- Monday News Brief
- The Week Ahead: Consumer Sentiment on the Rise
- Democratic lawmakers join battle between CFPB and PHH
- Low Inventory Drives the Hottest U.S. Markets
- Trump Administration Cancels Recently Announced FHA MIP Rate Cut
- Debating the Merits of GOP's Dodd-Frank Alternative
- Mortgage Applications Start 2017 on the Rise
- 2016 Best Year in a Decade for Housing; 2017 is a Wild Card
- Financial planners warming to reverse mortgages
Cyber criminals are hacking email accounts and sending emails with fake wiring instructions. These emails are convincing and sophisticated. Always independently confirm wiring instructions in person or via a telephone call to a trusted and verified phone number. Never wire money without double-checking that the wiring instructions are correct.