MORTGAGE INTEREST RATE LOCK ADVISORY
February 9, 2017, 8:00 AM PT
- 1-15 Day Close: LOCK
- 16-30 Day Close: LOCK
- 31-45 Day Close: LOCK
- Recommendations can change throughout the day.
- Click for current Lock Advice
- Average 30-Yr FRM, Down 0.02 at 4.17% on 2-9-17
- Rate Price Based on 3.5% MBS, Up 0.28 Point.
- DJI Stocks - Currently, $20,156.16, Up $101.82 0.51%
- Asian & European Stock Market Indexes Up 0.484%
- Crude Oil (WTI) - Currently, $52.93, Up $0.59
- Gold 1 Ounce - Currently, $1,236.10, Down ($4.20)
- Rate Lock Advisory. Presently the Rate market seems to have reached a temporary bottom.
- Thursday Market: There is no news scheduled today or tomorrow that is expected to move rates one way or the other.
- Wednesday's Rate Results: Mortgage Pricing based on Mortgage Backed Securities (MBS) closed down 0.33 point.
- 30-year fixed-rate mortgage (FRM) averaged 4.19 percent with an average 0.5 point for the week ending Feb. 2, 2017, unchanged from last week. A year ago at this time, the 30-year FRM averaged 3.72 percent.
- Thursday News Brief
- Mortgage Rates Doing Very Well This Week
- Mortgage Law Expert: CFPB Hangs in the Balance.
- Democratic lawmakers join battle between CFPB and PHH
- Low Inventory Drives the Hottest U.S. Markets
- Debating the Merits of GOP's Dodd-Frank Alternative
- Mortgage Applications Start 2017 on the Rise
- Financial planners warming to reverse mortgages
Cyber criminals are hacking email accounts and sending emails with fake wiring instructions. These emails are convincing and sophisticated. Always independently confirm wiring instructions in person or via a telephone call to a trusted and verified phone number. Never wire money without double-checking that the wiring instructions are correct.