One day as I was relaxing enjoying a beer after work and I overheard a question on the other side of the bar: "What is normal anyway?"
I really wasn't evesdropping, but for some reason that question came across crystal clear. Out of nowwhere, the answer popped into my head and I responded "It is the average of the extremes!"
That sparked quite the conversation. If you ever studied statistical analysis, you probably are familiar with the bell curve and standard deviations.
As the graph above shows, one standard deviation encompasses 68.2% of the entire sample. When you go out 2 standard deviations, it included 95.4%, leaving only 4.6% that are more than 2 standard deviations from the norm.
What I figured out that night was that if you have a person that is -2 standard deviations from the norm and then add a person that is +2 standard deviations, then the "average" is back to normal.
In summary, what is normal anyway?
BTW, I am proud that I am not your "Normal Realtor". If you are looking for an agent that understands marketing, negotiating, business strategies, communication instead of someone telling you it is only about price or sq. ft. - give me a call!