HOW TO GET TOP DOLLAR FOR YOUR HOME
DID YOU KNOW? It only takes 6 seconds for a perspective Buyer to form an impression of your home after walking through the threshold of your front door?
When you have your home on the market, a positive first impression is what will make your home memorable and stand out from the rest… starting from the outside with great curb appeal
A vast majority of home buyers decide whether or not to look inside a home, based on their first impressions of the outside… does it have “curb appeal?” ..the view they see when they drive by or arrive for a showing. You can ensure people want to come inside your home by spending some time working on its exterior appearance, making it inviting for buyers to want to see more.
PRESENTATION IS EVERYTHING!
Here are some ways to make your home more marketable, and get your home sold faster and for a higher dollar amount. One of the first things you can do is to de-clutter your home. Less is More….Make sure your house is clean… sparking kitchens and bathrooms make a positive statement to any Buyer
- Insure beds are made daily, no dirty dishes, ensure toilets are flushed and toilet seats down!!
- Eiminate bad odours in the home and stop cooking foods that produce strong odours for a while
- Remove any family photos from the main living areas, i.e. living room, family room, hallways, etc., Buyers want to envision themselves in your home, not your family.
- If some paint has chipped do some touch up painting… or if the whole room needs to be refreshed, a coat of paint goes a long way.
- Make sure the outside of your home is inviting. Mow the lawn, pull any weeds from flower beds, trim shrubs and bushes.
- Scrape peeling paint from around windows and repaint.
- Keep the cat litter box cleaned on a daily basis.
- Staging your home is one of the smartest decisions a seller can make. Home Staging can turn a cold and lifeless irresistible.
Home staging is the process of de-personalizing a home and making it “buyer ready” so it appears to the largest potential buyer audience possible using proven design techniques that highlight the home’s best architectural features.
If you are thinking of buying or selling real estate – hire a professional. Selling or buying a home is one of the most important and expensive financial investments you will make.
Let a professional realtor take care of all the details, provide you with advice and make it a less stressful ordeal for you and your family.
- I have more than 28 years of experience as a licenced real estate agent.
- I am committed to my clients, putting their needs first and foremost
- I keep your best interests in the forefront at all times
- I listen to you and what your needs are
- I provide you with all the information you need to make an informed decision
- And, I provide outstanding service to each and every one of my clients.
If you are looking for an agent to get the job done.. call me to discuss the personalized marketing plan I will implement to sell your home quickly and for the highest possible dollar amount.