Price County, Wisconsin Good Forest Management Shown Here!
|Price County Market Report - Land 20 Acres and up|
|45 properties currently available ranging in price from $15,000 to 949,000.|
| Bob's Top Picks|
Most of these make the Bob's Top Pick List, Give me a call and we can discuss why.
Price County is a wild area where you are almost guaranteed to see some great wildlife like Bears and Wolves.
It is a great place to raise timber and wildlife which is why you see so many smart people anxious to buy hunting land and timber land here.
Over the years I have been extremely impressed with the results of those properties that were well managed with good forestry, especially the Industrial lands where every tree is aggressively managed, the junk cut out and the better quality trees left to grow and reproduce.
While it is also an example of very poor management or lack of management, from the private lands that have been Hygraded by well meaning small landowners who allowed a logger to cut out the biggest and best trees under the assumption that these needed to be removed to let the smaller ones grow (they were all the same age most of the time, just genetically inferior).
To the second form of poor management, which is neglect, allowing large tracts of trees that needed to be cut in order to regenerate, fall down gradually while the water table rose and these large forests where replaced with tag alder brush. This is something that we see both on private land with uneducated owners, and government land where no management is done because they are afraid some ill-educated pseudo environmental group will sue them.
Our clients at Woodland Management Service own a large amount of some of the best forest land in this county and they are impressed with the bountiful wildlife and timber here.
Price County is home to over 670 thousand acres of forest land, most of which, 220 thousand acres is Northern Hardwoods (Maple, Basswood, & Ash).
A close second place timber type here is Aspen, with another 200 thousand acres which are essential to the great wildlife populations found here.
These forests are great for producing income for our clients and great habitat for Deer, Bear, Wolves, Grouse, and more.
If you are interested in purchasing land in Price County or if you already own some and would like to learn more about how to improve this land, give me a call, our Foresters and Wildlife Specialists can help.
A few other articles to check out.
- Click here to learn more
What is a Forester & Why do I Need a Forester?
Buying and Selling Forest Land
- Top 10 List for Selling Your Forestland at a Premium Price.
- What Is My Tree Worth? Q&A#3
- Forestland Evaluations, dont Buy or Sell Forestland without one.
- FAQ - How important is Access When Selling Hunting and Recreational Land?
Managing the Forest
- Your Forest May Need a Little Help
- FAQ Is leaving my woodland alone best for Wildlife & Forest Health?
- FAQ How do I create a Wildlife Paradise on my Property?
- FAQ How do I Encourage More Wildlife on My Land?
- FAQ What is Hygrading and why is it so Bad??
- FAQ I Have Recently Purchased/Inherited Some Forest Land. What's Next?
- Need a Break on your Forestland Taxes?
- Why Should I Hire A Forester To Sell My Timber? Q&A#4
- Do I need to have a Clear Cut on my property? Q&A#3
- Spring and Summer Danger, Oak Wilt can kill your most valuable trees
- Hunters are Looking to Lease Your Forestland