What To Do If You Forgot Your Measuring Tape
So,you just arrived at your listing appointment and you forgot your measuring tape.
Here's a quick way to measure practically anything--if you need to come up with dimentions or estimates right away!
- Quarter - About 1" in diameter
- Paper Money - It's 2-1/2" x 6". Since paper can also wrap around objects, it also comes in handy if you have to measure around curved items.
- Credit Card - Measures 2" x 3-1/2" (Can also be used to scrape ice off of car windows, LOL)
- Your Arm - the span of an outstretched arm is roughly equal to your height. So if you are 5'9" tall, by stretching your arms and measurieng from the tip of your left hand to the tip of your right hand, it should be about 5'9".
- Feet - a size 10-1/2 man's shoe is about 1 foot long. For women, size 8 is about 10 inches long (heel to toe)
What else have you used as a measuring device/trick if you've forgotten your measuring tape?
By - Karen Deis, www.ApartmentToolKit.com - Providing apartment mailing lists and marketing kits for real estate agents and builders.