Do you want a seat on the Warwick Valley School Board? Three spots open up later this year as members' terms expire. If you've ever been interested in strengthening your child's education, now's your chance.
Are You Eligible for a Seat on the Warwick Valley School Board?
- At least 18 years old,
- Able to communicate in English (both verbally and via the written word),
- A citizen of the United States,
- Qualified to vote within the district,
- A resident of the school district that has lived here for a minimum of one year prior to the election.
Anyone applying for a seat on the Warwick Valley School Board cannot be:
- Currently employed by the school district,
- Related to another member of the Board,
- In another position considered incompatible with the Board, such as town supervisor,
- Someone who has been removed from another school district position anytime within 12 months of the Board's election date.
What Does a Warwick Valley School Board Member Do?
Mainly, each member acts as a conduit between the schools and the public. They help set the direction the school district will take. Board members also focus resources, policies and programs to align with the ultimate goals of the district. Next, they gather statistics to assess and account for any progress made by students and faculty. Finally, they work on ways to improve what the district provides to its students.
For more information about the duties of being a Warwick Valley School Board member, please contact Susan Laroe, District Clerk, at (845) 987-3000 ext 10511. Learn more about running for a seat on the board by visiting the district's website here. Members meet every second and fourth Monday of the month. Good luck!
Featured Home for Sale
For more information on this or other Rockland and Orange County homes for sale, please visit my website at www.RocklandNYHomes.com.
Originally posted on my Rockland NY real estate blog here: http://www.rocklandnyhomes.com/warwick-valley-school-board/.