A Time Change Reflection on Being Human with Fr Placid
With the first time change opportunity of the year approaching this weekend I thought that I would share a little story from the spring time change of 2016. And a Reminder to make sure you move the clocks in the right direction.
I have learned so much during my time of working with Father Placid, a man of deep love and understanding who gets a lot of joy out of watching people in their human condition, and offering to help where he can.
Today he sent me this email on a little time change reflection that I enjoyed and think you may too.
Subject: You can't make this up
Date: Sun, 13 Mar 2016 23:03:56 +0000 (UTC)
In Manitowoc or any place ...
1. At 3:00 pm this afternoon after finishing my 20 minutes at the Wellness Center in Manitowoc, I decided to take my "uplifting" nap in my car in the Parking lot of the Holy Family Memorial Wellness Center.
2. In the course of my refreshing nap, I heard a tap on my car driver's side window. No dream..I woke up and knew where I was.
3. As I opened the door to "catch" what the perplexed person was throwing at me I heard
4. The Wellness Center is closed...Why? it is not 3:00 p.m.
5. I checked my cell phone, which did it's spring time routine at 2:00 a.m. I saw clearly 3:15 on my cell phone.
6. The perplexed person checked a time piece and clearly and distinctly threw at me: "it is only 1:15 pm."
7. Now you know the rest of the story....but just in case...
8. The Joy of being human gurgled to our faces as
9. "Spring forward" and "Fall backwards" filled the air waves between us..
10. The parting words of the "perplexed person" put things in context.
11. "I was ushering at the Civic Center last evening and all I wanted was sleep"
12. That is what I wanted and I got my 15 minute nap and more importantly
13. I got to enjoy concretely what it means "to be human" in this wonderful "attracting, connecting, complex, conscious world."
Thank you : Perplexed Person"..
Enjoy the light....lots more to come. Fr. Placid