Waushara County Forestland Market Snapshot
| Waushara County March 2017|
37 properties 20 acres or larger for sale at this time.
Ranging in price from $69k to 510k
Some choice investments to be found here, along with great wildlife habitat.
36 properties recently sold, ranging from $25k to 1.2 million.
That Million Dollar property was an impressive one that we did an evaluation of. and nearly purchased.
Quality Oaks, Pines, and Wildlife, Waushara County Wisconsin
175 Thousand Acres of Forested Wildlife habitat can be found in this beautiful Central Wisconsin County.
Though the Oaks here are not spectacular, the pines are exceptional.
One delightful remnant of a foresters advice from the mid part of the last century stands out with spectacular results.
That bit of advice that he gave to all who planted pines here was to mix a little bit of White Pine in with all of the Red Pines that were being planted.
The result of planting this row of White Pine to every three rows of Red Pines was a slightly lower return in the first few thinnings (generally at age 20 and 28), but after this the white pines would start naturally seeding in between the rows, eliminating any need for future planting.
In addition to the self planting these White Pines are also a longer lived tree, ensuring the potential for a more climax type forest for the future.
We now have many forests in this county where the pine plantations no longer look so much like a plantation as they do a dense semi natural White pine forest.
Our clients at Woodland Management Service own land here for the bountiful wildlife and for the quality Pine and Oak timber.
The largest portion of this 175 thousand acres of forest land is Oak with over 66 thousand acres of Oak forests which provide premium deer and turkey habitat along with timber income. The second largest group of forests is the Pines and Spruces with 55 thousand acres.
These forests are not only good for producing income for our clients and great habitat for Deer and Turkeys, but it also provide good habitat for many other wildlife like Bears, Grouse, and more.
If you are interested in purchasing land in Waushara County or if you already own some and would like to learn more about how to improve this land, give me a call, our Foresters and Wildlife Specialists can help.
A few other articles to check out.
- Click here to learn more
What is a Forester & Why do I Need a Forester?
Buying and Selling Forest Land
- Top 10 List for Selling Your Forestland at a Premium Price.
- What Is My Tree Worth? Q&A#3
- Forestland Evaluations, dont Buy or Sell Forestland without one.
- FAQ - How important is Access When Selling Hunting and Recreational Land?
Managing the Forest
- Your Forest May Need a Little Help
- FAQ Is leaving my woodland alone best for Wildlife & Forest Health?
- FAQ How do I create a Wildlife Paradise on my Property?
- FAQ How do I Encourage More Wildlife on My Land?
- FAQ What is Hygrading and why is it so Bad??
- FAQ I Have Recently Purchased/Inherited Some Forest Land. What's Next?
- Need a Break on your Forestland Taxes?
- Why Should I Hire A Forester To Sell My Timber? Q&A#4
- Do I need to have a Clear Cut on my property? Q&A#3
- Spring and Summer Danger, Oak Wilt can kill your most valuable trees
- Hunters are Looking to Lease Your Forestland