Over 800,000 Forest Acres & Breathtaking Shorelines in Bayfield County Wisconsin
Bayfield County is at the top of Wisconsin on the shores of Lake Superior with miles of shoreline and nearly a million acres of beautiful forest land.
This heavily forested county is a hot-spot for people from the Twin Cities (Minneapolis and St Paul), Milwaukee and Chicago who flock here to enjoy the lakes, forests and islands.
You can also find the world famous Apostle islands off the East shore of this county where you will often find one of our top Active Rain Real Estate agents Eric Kodner.
Our clients at Woodland Management Service own some very nice forest land properties in this county and are quite happy with the quality wildlife, forests and vistas here.
Bayfield County is home to over 800 thousand acres of forest land.
Most of this forest land is Aspen with over 300 thousand acres of this high quality Wildlife habitat.
Secondary forestland types include Exceptional Quality Red Oak comprising nearly 100 thousand acres. Northern Hardwoods (Maple, Ash, Basswood) with 186 thousand acres of Northern Hardwoods. And 113 thousand acres of Red, White and Jack Pine.
Over all the Forests of this county are exceptional in quality.
In addition to producing income for our clients these forests are also great habitat for high quality Deer, Grouse, Bears, Wolves, and more.
If you are interested in purchasing land in Bayfield County call Eric, or if you already own some and would like to learn more about how to improve this land, give me a call, our Foresters and Wildlife Specialists can help.
A few other articles to check out.
- Click here to learn more
What is a Forester & Why do I Need a Forester?
Buying and Selling Forest Land
- Top 10 List for Selling Your Forestland at a Premium Price.
- What Is My Tree Worth? Q&A#3
- Forestland Evaluations, dont Buy or Sell Forestland without one.
- FAQ - How important is Access When Selling Hunting and Recreational Land?
Managing the Forest
- Your Forest May Need a Little Help
- FAQ Is leaving my woodland alone best for Wildlife & Forest Health?
- FAQ How do I create a Wildlife Paradise on my Property?
- FAQ How do I Encourage More Wildlife on My Land?
- FAQ What is Hygrading and why is it so Bad??
- FAQ I Have Recently Purchased/Inherited Some Forest Land. What's Next?
- Need a Break on your Forestland Taxes?
- Why Should I Hire A Forester To Sell My Timber? Q&A#4
- Do I need to have a Clear Cut on my property? Q&A#3
- Spring and Summer Danger, Oak Wilt can kill your most valuable trees
- Hunters are Looking to Lease Your Forestland