ActiveRain is a lot of things to a lot of people. The Pay It Forward vibe makes this community unlike any other online community I've encountered. It's become a vital part of my daily life for years and I don't see that changing any time soon.
There's a lot of things I count on ActiveRain and its members for:
1. To play nice in the virtual sandbox. Fact is there are very, very few true jerks in the Rain. The truly jerky tend to find themselves not finding the "nourishment" they want from their bad behavior and most often they wander off and after a few months we may notice that we haven't seen whatisface around in a long time.
2. To share. Your expertise, your experiences, your life. An opportunity to learn and get to know you, and yes, maybe even become friends.
3. To remember us when you hear of someone needing an agent in Ohio. As we remember our Rainfriends in Texas, Florida and pretty much every other state coast to coast and even a bit farther as we see opportunities to help them :)
4. To help each other out. See a typo or a sentence that just doesn't make sense or a dead link? A quick contact email or text is always appreciated.
5. To give us ideas. Ideas to adapt to our own local market both for better serving our clients or that spark we need to write another blog post.
6. To keep the growling Chihuahua away :) That one is for the AR Staff, but keep the glitches minimal and the curtains open so we can post as we need to!
7. To give me a place that understands the frustrations, the highs and the lows of this business. A place to vent and a place to celebrate.
Until next Tuesday, just Ask An Ambassador if you need help!
Bill of Liz and Bill aka BLiz