In February 2017 Bill Spear hosted the challenge: What I Love About My Job
This challenge, should you choose to accept it, is the opposite. You are the Batman or Batwoman of your business. Who or What is the Joker?
No Fooling Around April 2017 Let’s Get Real Contest
Get real with us and tell what your real peeve is. This includes agents, brokers, lenders, stagers, marketing, SEO, virtual assistants, website development … you get the idea. Everyone has a peeve which means everyone gets to play.
Peeve Defined: annoys, irritates, angers, irks, exasperates, trys patience, gets on nerves, ruffles feathers, etc.
This is not a dish. It is an honest reflection of the one peeve in your business that drives you bat-bonkers. Who or what is the Joker? We all have our peeves and we all find a way to deal with them.
Keep It Real! When you share your peeve tell us why that peeve, that joker, drives you bat-bonkers.
For example: For me, it is agents who do not do what they are supposed to do when they are supposed to do it. "Supposed to" think contractual obligations and fiduciary duties. When agents do not perform their jobs in a timely fashion they are not only doing a dis-service to their clients (think already bad reputation in the industry) ... it makes the entire transaction more challenging than it needs to be.
My Why: It drives me bat-bonkers crazy when I spend my time following up on what other agents should already be doing or should have already done. Emails and phone calls are ignored. Gheez, just do your job. Often times that agent's clients don't know their agent is not doing their job. Those agents are the Jokers in my business.
The Rules: What we need from you for this contest
- No less than 300 words but feel free to write more.
- At least one picture, graphic, or video.
- The theme is “Let’s Get Real” - No Fooling Around About It!
- Whatever your peeve is – back it up with why. Tell a story.
- Contest starts April 1, 2017 and ends at 11:59pm PST on April 30, 2017.
- Public Post.
- Post a link to your post in the comments section of this post.
- One entry per person.
What's in it for you?
- 1000 bonus points. There are no judges. All entries are winners provided you follow the simple rules and get it posted on time.
- Have fun with this. Make the post public. Let’s get real and tell the world what drives us bat-bonkers in our business.
- Points will be awarded in early May. I cannot say when but I do promise I will turn the list of participants in by the end of day on May 1, 2017.