Listings to Leads could be your ticket to keeping viewers on your website once they've looked at and ruled out your property. By creating customized single property pages, you can retain the interest of buyers by providing additional properties to view. But that's not all.
WHAT IS LISTINGS TO LEADS?
Listings to Leads is a digital resource for creating spectacular landing pages for your real estate website. Furthermore, Listings to Leads offers easy-to-use processes and checklists and then converts your list of completed tasks into a PDF report so you can show your clients all that you've done to market their listings. Moreover, by creating single property landing pages, you can also capture more leads.
At Ballen Brands, we use Listings to Leads with IDX Broker.
Click this link for special rates with IDX Broker.
WHY IS LISTINGS TO LEADS IMPORTANT FOR YOUR BUSINESS?
If a user finds your listing on a page such as Realty.com, a page that is complete with your name and contact info, that's great - if the user takes action right then and there to secure you as their agent and move forward with purchasing a property.
However, most buyers don't behave that spontaneously. In fact, the majority of shoppers won't buy the first house they see. They may come back to that house, but not before looking at others. Consequently, if your listing doesn't lead back to your website where the viewer can view other properties, you've lost your lead.
When you have a landing page with options, your viewer can search for additional properties by:
But if all that user has is contact information on a page like Realty.com or Zillow, when they need to search additional properties, it won't likely be on your website.
If we're out there marketing our properties and we send our buyer to a site that does not show similar properties and does not get them clicking around to something else, the odds are that the prospect is going to eliminate that property. As a result, we're not going to get the lead, and they're going to move on to something else.
We should never be sending people to a website that we don't customize and optimize.
VIEWING AND GRABBING LISTINGS
However, if your market does not have syndication, you will have to go in manually to enter your listings.
To get started, select "Listings" from the navy blue navigation bar at the top of the page.
Here, you'll find all of your listings. You can also use the "grab listing" feature to customize and optimize that listing for a single property page.
To grab a listing, click the "Grab Active Listing" link in the navy blue navigation area on the left.
Next, enter the zip code and MLS Listing ID for the property.
[su_note note_color="#fde447"]Note: In my case, I grab active listings because I lead generate and market listings for other real estate agents. You never want to grab an active listing that isn't yours without permission.[/su_note]
IT'S MORE THAN A LANDING PAGE
Once you select a listing, Listings to Leads provides you with a checklist of marketing options, most of which are auto-populated. Furthermore, when you complete the tasks on the list, you're able to export that list to a PDF, which you can then show to your client.
The checklist includes:
- Virtual tour
- Just listed post to Facebook, Pinterest, Linked In, Google +, etc.
- Just listed post to Seller Facebook and just listed e-Flyer to Seller SOI
- Just listed Facebook Ad - listing landing page
- Just listed e-Flyer for your database
- Just listed print flyer for nearby homeowners
- Just listed print flyer for buyers (with various templates)
- Just listed Instagram post
- Text sign riders
- YouTube listing video
- Just listed ad posted on Craig's list
The form also includes:
- Open house marketing and lead generation checklist
- Pending marketing and lead generation checklist
- Just sold marketing and lead generation checklist
If you've got an administrative team, this is where you need to be guiding them. Admins need to be following a checklist.
When you use one of the generated links from Listings to Leads, such as a Facebook post or ad, the user clicks through to the landing page you've created. This landing page is the page we're going to customize.
[su_note note_color="#fde447"]The biggest opportunity to generate leads as a real estate agent is through your listings.[/su_note]
The checklist created by Listings to Leads is a remarkable resource. Not only can you stay on track with marketing your listings, but you can also send a report to the seller. But nurturing those leads you generate is crucial to your success.
You may have noticed in the Listings to Leads checklist that "text sign riders" is included. There's a "text to" feature with an automated response that engages your leads in conversation - at basic levels.
Autopilot ISA is a program developed by Ballen Brands that takes lead-nurturing to a whole new level. With thoughtfully designed scripts to get leads engaging, Autopilot ISA is an inside sales agent that works with text messaging, email, and auto-dialer software to nurture the lead until human intervention is required.
HOW TO CUSTOMIZE YOUR SINGLE PROPERTY PAGES USING LISTINGS TO LEADS
Step 1: Edit Listing
- Listing presentation
- Non-MLS listing
- Coming soon
- Just listed
- In contract
- Under contract
- Under deposit
- Just sold
- For lease
- Lease to own
- Farm listing: Seller leads
- For sale by owner
- Temp. off market
Listing Headline: When it comes to your listing headline, you should think of three things:
- Search engines and title tags
- Call to action
- The length of the listing
If people pull up to a house for sale and Google the address, I want them to find my page. For that reason, I enter my listing headline as the property address. However, if the property is behind a closed gate or isn't in a location where people can drive up for a closer look, then I create my listing headline by the keyword.
- Select text/IVR EXTENSION: This feature is so that potential buyers can text a short number to get more information. Text messaging is now the most common form of communication, over phone calls or emails.
- Listing Date
- Showing Agent (Do not select if this is your property)
- Open house times
- Street addressNeighborhood/Farm - This is important because of the way users search options online. People are aware of master-planned communities, particular neighborhoods, school districts, zip codes, or whether they want to live in the north or west side of town.
- Full bathrooms
- Half bathrooms
- 3/4 bath
- Listing MLS ID
- Living area
- Lot size
- Year built
- Property type
- Property Subtype
- Listing URL - Can go to custom property page we're optimizing here, or can be directed to a page within your website.
- QR Code URL
- Custom Vanity URL
Description: This is where the gold happens. This box is everything. This is your wysiwyg editor: what you see is what you get. This box is what's going to create content on your single property listing page. And this is what's going to drive people back to your website. Here, I'm going to include:
- Links back to additional properties on my website
- Bullet point list of the top features
- Calls to action to get that lead to register
- More houses that may be of interest, such as other homes that face south or other homes that are 1-5 acres.
- Photos: One of the mistakes that agents make on their listings is that they show all of the pictures. Although a carousel of gorgeous images may please the seller, it does not bring new buyers. By displaying all of your pictures to viewers, you've given them everything they need. The viewer has no reason to register. Furthermore, the more pictures you show, the more likely prospects are to eliminate that property. Generally, I show one unique image, and then a link that says, "View photo gallery." When the visitor clicks to see pictures, the link redirects them to a page that forces registration. I do this with IDX Broker. My preference is IDX Broker as my primary listing provider on my real estate website. I copy the "view gallery" link from my IDX Broker page and paste it into the description box on Listings to Leads. IDX Broker has an option to force registration after a set number of photographs.
Note: I use IDX Broker to build custom widgets to include on my property pages. Creating the widgets is lickety-split and give me the ability to showcase what I want the viewers to see. I copy the widget code from IDX Broker and page it into the code section of Listings to Leads at the bottom of the description box. Doing this imports my property images from IDX Broker into my Listings to Leads single property page, allowing viewers to see additional options.
- Assign Content to the Listing: The Assigned content imports other pages you've already created, such as a home valuation page.
- Include in Listing Widget: Select yes
- "Follow This Home" Display Time - This is the pop-up registration option. I don't use this feature because I use the photo gallery for my lead capture, but if you choose to use this pop-up registration form, you can select the amount of time the visitor is on the page before the pop-up displays.
The purpose of this page is solely to capture leads with forced registration. In the realm of SEO, using a forced registration on your website may be frowned upon and reduce search engine authority. However, the page we're creating here is not a page on our website. This page is another site we're sending our viewers to, from where they can access more pages on the main website without pentalties for forced registration.
With forced registration, you risk higher bounce rates and higher registrations with false information. You'll see more "Fred Flinstones" clogging your database. Furthermore, the more fields you include for the viewer to fill out, the less likely that viewer will be to register. Nonetheless, I use forced registration when running an ad because registrations is my goal.
- Click "save"
STEP 2: ENHANCE LISTING
This is where we modify the number of images showing and fine-tune the custom single property page we've created. Click the blue toolbox to continue editing.
Over on the left side of the screen in the navigation area, you'll see editing options.
Scroll toward the bottom where you'll see option 3, "Edit Single Property Website."
The "Edit Tabs" feature allows you to remove links from the top navigation area of your single property page, such as the brochure. If you do not want the brochure to be visible to your visitors, deactivate that tab. Similarly, make sure any items you want included in your page's top navigation area are activated.
[su_note note_color="#fde447"]Note: The navigation links in the top area of your single property page are anchor tags. What this means is that when a visitor clicks the link, rather than going to a new page, the screen automatically scrolls to that portion of the existing text.[/su_note]
Next, click "Edit Images." This is where you can adjust the settings for how many images display before forced registration. Here, you can sort images in the order you want them to be viewed by the visitor, or delete images to reduce the number of pictures the viewer sees.
STEP 3: MORE INFO
When the visitor clicks the "more info" link on your single property landing page, you have two options. You can either choose to redirect the visitor to your IDX listing, or you can use the Listings to Leads property landing page.
Yes, we want to provide value for the seller. It's important that we get as many eyes on that property as possible. Of course we're going to use the checklist in Listings to Leads to market that property thoroughly through all the available channels. But the ultimate beauty of customization of single property landing pages through Listings to Leads is that it's a benefit to you because it drives traffic back to you and fosters lead capture.
Here's the thing. Now you know exactly how to customize your single property pages using Listings to Leads. But knowing how does not mean you have the time or inclination to create a page for each of your listings. Likewise, you may have more important tasks for your admin. That's where we come in. Reach out to us today at email@example.com or (702) 917-0755 to find out how we can be your lead-generation team.