Comments (2)

Randy Bolton
None - Diamond Bar, CA

I wish I were more of an expert in this area, but I'm not.  I do know that foreigners (Canadians, Europeans, Etc.) do buy property in the U.S.  I do know that there is a blog post on Active Rain called something like...  "Buying a home without a social security number" or something like...  Buying a home with a T.I.N. or T.T.N. which stands for Tax I.D. number.  Many immigrants go this route to purchase a home without a social security number.

It seems to me that FHA has some type of foreign national loan program.

Please let me know what you find out.  I would love to learn more on this issue.  Be sure to post this in the FHA group.  I want to also learn anything on the credit report side of this deal.  Do these Canadian citizens have a U.S. credit report?  Are they working in the U.S. or Canada?  Is there a bank that will accept foreign credit reports, foreign tax returns for income, and etcetera??


May 30, 2008 08:19 AM
Jeff Pickering
Pickering Group - Anthem, AZ


I don't know if you are still looking but here is some info on a gal I use.


"HI Jeff.

Thanks for the inquiry.

On the guideline page I have a section which spells out how we process foreign nationals (clearly I hope.)

We are a minimum payment lender, so the most popular loan is the 3 year fixed rate loan with interest-only and minimum payment options.  I also have a 30 year hybrid which is a lot more expensive.

I hope this works for you!

Kim Kalisch

Vice President, Preferred Mortgage Broker

20 Years experience with World Savings

e-fax (210) 257-7108 - cell (510) 579-3997 "

Jun 25, 2008 04:11 AM