We transition through many changes in our lifetime, many of which are also reflected in our housing life cycle. Thanks to insights gained from transitions life coach Beata Rydeen, I have learned to think about life changes as part our life spiral. The spiral is an ancient symbol of growth and renewal, where we keep cycling and re-cycling throughout our lifetime.
It was perfectly smooth when I got it...until I had great fun playing with it with our grandson and it got some kinks in it. I realized that's much like our lives...they aren't all smooth and regular, they are riddled with twists and turns and kinks...and hopefully some fun along the way. Sometimes transitions come when we're not ready for them but they come nevertheless and keep popping up even though we may try to keep them down.
The openings on both ends of my 'kinky slinky' remind us to let go of some things...hold on to others...and open ourselves to new experiences throughout our lives.
Major life changes often also include housing transitions...
...if yours do, we are here to help through good times as well as not so good times.
Sharlene Hensrud, RE/MAX Results - Life Transitions Realtor
- Baby Boomers and Milennial first-time homebuyers have more in common than you might think
- Buying a home... before you make the leap, does it fit the way you live?
- Tips for choosing a great real estate agent
- 5 questions to ask yourself before you downsize
- Moving closer to family... some things to consider before you pack up and move