It’s Spring Tune-Up Time!
Spring has sprung and there’s not a better time to do a quick tune up of your home! Before summer vacations begin and cookouts are all the rage of summer, now is the time get busy with home maintenance.
Here’s a quick checklist for both the interior and the exterior of your home - maintain now, in order to save you time and money in the future.
- Check seals around windows, doors and bathtubs
- Drain your water heater
- Check and fix leaky faucets
- Replace your HVAC filters
- Clean out your dryer vent
- Replace batteries in smoke detectors
- Make sure you have a working fire extinguisher
- Check basement walls for moisture or mold
- Vacuum refrigerator condenser coils
- Inspect the roof
- Clean the gutters
- Wash window exteriors and check screens for repairs
- Check driveway and walks for repairs
- Inspect deck and patio for warped, rotten or splintered boards
- Trim bushes and trees, or any vegetation near the air conditioning unit(s) in particular
- Remove leaves and other debris from lawn
- Spruce up your home’s paint job
- Look for cracks, 'sagging' areas or soft spots along the lower section of the exterior
Now that you’ve completed your maintenance checklist, if you’re thinking of selling your Charlotte home, give me a call or text (704) 491-3310! I’d love to chat with you about getting your home on the market! Our inventory is incredibly low and we have buyers watching the MLS like hawks, waiting for their next home to hit the market!
© Debe Maxwell | The Maxwell House Group | CharlotteBroker@icloud.com | It’s Spring Tune-Up Time!