MAKE YOUR BUYERS AND SELLERS HAPPY--INFORM THEM!!
It sounds simple enough, right? Nothing is easier than to keep your customers and clients informed of all the things that you know they need to know.
Well, it rarely happens that an agent will be sure to inform them of every important detail from the taxes they don't know they have to pay at closing to the history of the area where the property is located.
Informing the public is the part of doing real estate that seems to fall by the way side more than any other part of this business. Yet, that is the one thing that you can do to make sure your buyers come back to you and your sellers keep your name for future business.
It's also a reminder of failure if your buyer finds out at the lawyers office or worse, at the closing table that they owe a large amount in taxes that they were unaware of.
Agents get busy and the thing that seems to disappear most from the agenda of those busy agents is:
- Comps or a recent sale in an area that the buyer is looking to buy in.
- The things that a seller needs to know about the market surrounding his home--prices go up and down and the seller needs to know this.
- A brief outline of the entire process as they get close to a deal makes a world of difference to the buyer as they prepare for closing.
- Town, city or Village codes and laws are a good thing to convey to a buyer as they make a decision where to buy a home. This could be a short list of the most important things to know about the area.
- The exact distance to a great shop, restaurant or a green-grocer will be enormously helpful in a decision making process.
- Things to do! This is left out of the conversations of many an agent's agenda--especially if they are extremely busy---It helps to have a list drawn up that you have in your car perhaps, or on your desk or even in a blog that you have written: LIVING IN SOUTHAMPTON VILLAGE, NY...
- The public does not always know very much about the location of where they are looking to buy a home; giving them fliers and maps is a small but significant thing to do for your buyers...they love it!
WRAPPING IT ALL UP
When an agent sells a home to a buyer it is sometimes customary to give a gift---I like to give the gift of local information with a gift basket from a local orchard, honey maker, cheese maker or any other unique local merchant that the buyer can enjoy in their new home.
There are a myriad of ideas that you can come up with to make this a wonderful experience for your buyer--Look for good informative things that the next agent is not apt to come up with.
THERE IS NOTHING MORE SATISFYING THAN A HAPPY BUYER AND/OR SELLER!!!
Please share your informational ideas in a comment below--Local information comes in many different forms! There may be many more that I have not mentioned here.