is the title of a great article from U.S. News & World Report posted on Yahoo. Number 6 is my favorite.
- Get preapproved before your start looking.
- Use the right tools, i.e. search sites. Personally I like my website best for our area searches.
- Use several websites to ensure you cover all the homes for sale. My website has all our area MLS listings.
- Don't forget FSBOs. Works for me, I typically have a buyer agency agreement so we look at ALL the homes for sale in my area.
- Be alert. Some sites offer an RSS feed or email alert for new homes so you don't miss out on a deal. I have that as often as you want to sign up for one.
- "Find a good blog. Few resources allow home buyers to take the pulse of the national and local markets like real estate blogs." "By and large, the real estate blogging community understands the dynamics of today's housing market in the way few others do. They've emerged as an important voice on housing issues and a wonderful resource for prospective home buyers."
What a great group of suggestions.
It is probably a good idea to check your websites now and ensure you offer all the features suggested by this article.