What comes to mind when someone asks you what is your pet peeve is? What annoys or bugs you about or in Real Estate? Working on Listing and Selling homes here in the Manchester NH Area, I get to see the good, bad and ugly. This is my entry into the Active Rain "No fooling around 2017, lets get real contest".
People would be surprised to hear me say I do not let much bug me. When I am hired to list and sell a home or find a dream home for a client, It is my job to make it easier for my client. Do you know the saying? "Never let them see you sweat" comes to mind. If i made it it look easy, i have done my job. My pet peeves are often with those things i can not control. Inspections, appraisals, other agents behaviors and closing companies.
Having thought about this for the last couple of weeks, there is not one, but a series of pet peeves i have that are all about equal.
1. Agents who do not return calls or emails about homes for sale. It affects buyers both directly and indirectly.
2. Home Inspectors who are alarmists. They scream "fire" for anything found rather than just those hidden issues that affect health, value or safety.
3. Appraisers, some who come from out of state and do not use sales comps that are actually similar to the subject killing a sale.
4. Closing/Title companies who do not update the agents. We were delayed 3 weeks waiting for a signature on a paper. The title company withheld that. When i found out, got the signature in 10 minutes with 1 call and we closed the next day.
5. Buyers who do not get at minimum, pre qualified from a local and trusted bank to purchase a home before starting their search.
6. Home Sellers who hire just anyone and wonder why their home does not sell. Many times i speak to sellers when their home expires with their old agent. Reasons such a the home is over priced, their are no descriptions in MLS, the home was not advertised, they hired an out of state agent or the pictures were very poor, all can keep buyers away from a home for sale.
THE SECRET OF SUCCESS and the key to having a successful purchase of sale, can increase simply by choosing a better agent. The secret is, that All Agents are not created equal and every buyer or seller should take the time to hire the BEST not just the biggest. I leave you with now infamous philosophy, which is simple, to provide more personal and professional service to guide my clients through each step of the buying or selling process.
The important lesson starts with my infamous words that all Agents are not created equal and every buyer or seller should take the time to hire the BEST agent, not just the biggest. By using a philosophy, which is simple, to provide more personal and professional service to guide my clients through each step of the buying or selling process, I can help you find your dream home or sell your property. Your agent can stand behind you and assist with obstacles such as this.
About the Author: Scott Godzyk is the Owner/Broker of the Godzyk Real Estate Services in Manchester NH. Proud to be locally owned and operated with 30 years of experience, Scott is a leading Agent for Listing and Selling Homes in this area.We are Full Time Agents ready to serve all of your Real Estate needs. Servicing Hillsborough, Rockingham, Merrimack and Belknap counties.