Whether you are a member of the rebellion or the galactic empire, there are some things you can count on when buying a home. Here are the top 5 home buying lessons I have learned from the Star Wars franchise:
1. Know your planet! You wouldn’t buy lakefront property on Hoth. Do your research on where you want to live. If you are planning to move to a new area, find the Facebook group for that city and ask to join. Ask questions and ask your agent!
2. Don’t go solo, build a team! The Rebellion couldn’t do it alone, you shouldn’t either. Your team should include a Realtor, lender and an attorney to start. Making sure that everyone is communicating will make the process run a whole lot smoother.
3. Even the death star had it’s faults, have an inspection done! Know the weak points and the strong points of the home before you buy it so you can make an informed decision!
4. Know the droids you are looking for! Is it a large yard, or great kitchen? Are you willing to put in some sweat equity, or are you looking for move in ready?
5. Trust the Force, and your gut! As Obi-Wan says, “Your insides serve you well”.
Thank you Mona!