OUT-WITTING THE ESTABLISHMENT...Now Its Real Estate In Need of Reform!
I understand that there are small groups of agents gathering in smaller companies or partnerships offering the care and expertise that is needed by most buyers, in smaller quarters without the din of the busy bullpens found in large brokerages.
These teams have one thing in mind: They do not want the heavy-handed ways that very large brokerages handle their agents' data. They want to be able to serve the public as the "direct route" that they already are in any circumstance in real estate. This time without the fear of losing the data, or the listings of their firm to the gigantic national sites such as Zillow, Trulia, Streeteasy, etc.
- Agents are usually the first connection to a property, not a company
- Agents are the most direct conduit of information to both the buyer and the seller
- Agents are the ones with their reputation on the line in any transaction, not a company
- Big brokerages do not bring agents on-board unless they make lots of money; this leaves a well qualified, honest and experienced agent to work alongside some who are not so honest, experienced or responsible, negatively affecting the reputation of everyone in a said company.
- Large agencies do not protect the content (Listings) collected by hardworking agents, giving it away like candy to non-broker listing websites.
- These sites then "sell" it to anyone who wants to pay big bucks and who then show up next to this content (listing)!! Content is King!! ...and most large brokerages don't see it that way, thus the careless treatment of said content!
This is happening all over the country and the agents who are doing the hard work to get the listings (Sometimes it can take months to finally get them signed up!) and who build their reputations with buyers in order to get referrals from friends and other agents, are the biggest losers in all of it!
So, the agents in the new, smaller teams are joining forces with the goal of trying to out-wit the huge brokerages who are giving away our lifeblood at every turn.
What will happen if this new way of doing real estate became a trend that cannot be meddled with in terms of giving away data?? ...if the Z, T and S companies did not have all the content they now enjoy???
This sounds insane but I hear it's beginning to happen... We will see!