#Active Rain is a sharing and caring community. Sharon Tara takes the time to participate in the excitement of the community by this photo blog submission. I already use Rebbit to re size photos... thanks to my other stager friend, Kathy Streib ....and believe we should all walk the extra mile to stand out in the crowd with tools like this at our finger tips
Looking for a way to make the photos pop in your marketing materials?
Whether it's for a flyer for a listing, a page on your website, a brochure, or photos for social media it's really easy to make a photo pop out...literally, pop out.
Here's a Before & After example:
I cropped, darkened the exposure, added a colored frame and drop shadow effect.
I used Ribbet, my photo editor of choice, to create the enhanced photo:
- Upload picture. (see illustration)
- In Basic Edits, click on Crop. (see illustration) Next to "No Restraints" click the drop down arrow and choose Square. Drag the box to position it where you want it and click Apply.
- Click on Exposure (see illustration) and either do Auto-Exposure or use the slide bars to adjust. Click Apply.
- Go back up to Menu and click Frames. (See illustration) Choose Drop Shadow. Make distance 20, size 50, and fade 20%. Click on the white box next to Background Color and use the eye dropper tool to select a color. I clicked on the sponge in my picture to capture it's color as a background. Click Apply.
- Click Save on the green bar at the top. Name and save the photo.
- Close photo.
- Click on Blank Canvas. (see illustration) Change size to something square, I did 1000 x 1000, and click OK.
- Open the Photo Basket (See illustration) by clicking on down arrow.
- Click on Upload Photo and get that photo you just saved.
- Drag and Drop the photo to the white square background and drag corners to enlarge it enough to create a white border around your picture.
- Go back up to Menu and click Frames again. Choose Drop Shadow. Make distance 20 and size 50. Check the box next to Transparent Background. Hit Apply.
- Name and save the final photo.
These instructions may see intimidating, but it really is a simple process. You can follow all or some depending on your desired effects.
For those of you who prefer a video tutorial....
Everything I used in Ribbet for this transformation is FREE to all users.
Written for Dick Greenberg's May Contest Before & After.
Creative & Unique Solutions... One Room at a Time
Professional Home Staging in New Hampshire
Portsmouth Rye North Hampton Dover Durham Barrington Rochester