Photoshopping listing photos is tricky in the real estate profession because you don't want to portray the home you are selling as something it is not.
It's all about the original photos you take, as for example:
1. Take MOOD shots rather than sterile looking ones. Wait for the right lighting.
2. If you are ON THE OCEAN, show the ocean. And that means on every shot possible.
3. If there are features that you would rather not show in a photo, well, don't include them. Certainly don't photoshop them out.
4. Don't make the photos look so good that, when a prospective buyer comes to see it, they are disappointed.
5. Don't make the property and its insides look HUGE when it's not. You know those shots.
SO WHAT CAN YOU DO TO YOUR PHOTOS?
Tweak the colors.
But be subtle!!!!
You don't want to make the listing look cartoonish.
Here are a couple of photos we shot at my most recent oceanfront listing on the Monterey Peninsula, before and after:
58 Avocet Circle, Watsonville, CA 95076 - at Pajaro Dunes - #ML81653290
See bigger versions of these and other photos on this website: