It's hard for any professional to stay healthy when we work almost as many hours as we sleep and in the case of Realtors® - even more. The busier you are, the more likely you are to resort to fast food or processed snacks throughout the day and as we get older, our metabolism gets slower.
So we asked our favorite personal trainer, Dane Boyle, for some easy tips.
The key to avoiding the grab-and-go trap is planning. Check your appointment calendar each day and decide when and what you will eat. It’s pretty simple once you get started.
To make it easier, here are seven easy on-the-go snacks that take very little time to prepare and will fuel your body throughout the day. Plan and execute your success:
- Frozen grapes: Freeze 1 cup of grapes and enjoy them as if they’re sorbet
- Nuts: A handful of 20 pistachios, 12 almonds or 14 peanuts makes for a nice “good” fat and protein snack.
- Olives: For a salty snack, enjoy nine Kalamata olives.
- Peanut butter: Even on its own, a tablespoon of peanut butter makes for a treat full of good fats.
- Strawberry and spinach salad: For a savory and sweet salad, mix together one cup of baby spinach with a half cup of sliced strawberries. Drizzle one tablespoon of balsamic vinegar on top. Add a few slices of red onion if you like.
- Ant on a log (relive your childhood): Cut the celery stalks in half. Spread with peanut butter. Sprinkle with raisins.
- Jerky: Be careful to avoid sodium- and sugar-filled brands, but low-sodium, natural, or lightly-flavored options are a great source of protein—This chewy snack is also keeps fresh for months when packed properly.
Are any easy guilt-free snacks missing? Please share!