There is one type of post to write that is more likely to generate business than any other post you can write. And yet many of us (me included) don't write nearly as many of them as we could or should.
What's the secret to making our phone ring from our blogging? What puts money in our pocket?
It's actually know secret, it's been talked about often but these posts take a little extra work versus a typical blog post. Have you guessed the answer yet?
It's posts that give the consumers what they want, with specifics that they can't find elsewhere. It's your opportunity to beat Z and T and R.com and most of your competition! Come on, just 'fess up already! What are these magic posts?
Here you go:
Post about subdivisons, specialty housing and the like. You nail down the long tail search results and your business opportunities will grow! Converting those leads is up to you, but blogging will have done its job for us.
Currently over half of our business is sourced from blog posts and IDX search pages, and they're not solely about our niche of patio homes. Posts about subdivisions and new construction, especially if you're providing evergreen search results, are EXACTLY what the consumer wants. And the other beautiful thing? A lot of builders are NOT masters of SEO, so you might find that a blog post or two just might make you the first result for consumers searching for "new construction patio homes in Heritage at Miami Bluffs" or whatever fits your local market!
So here's the nuts and the bolts of this blogging challenge:
- You've got until midnight PST June 30 2017 to write up to four posts at 500 bonus points a post.
- The posts need to be VERY specific. Write about subdivisions, new construction or a specialty type house (homes with barns, with pools, with basements). These posts need to be about something you can sell, not parks, not festivals or any other local event. HOUSES!!!
- Minimum of 200 words and provide details. Amenities of the community, served by X school district, a typical home is ________, etc. Links to outside sources are good too.
- Include some media. Me personally, I'm big on a collage of homes along with a picture of the subdivision name on the entrance facade. Those home samples give buyers a flavor of the norm for the community. A custom map of the subdivision isn't a bad touch either!
- Leave ONE comment in the comment section of this post with links to all 4 of your posts once you've completed the requirements.
EXCEPTION: all of you that aren't real estate agents, we don't discriminate against your point earning capability! Same rules apply, but twist to your specific profession and show your expertise with four posts that accomplish the equivalent of what we're asking the agents. We'll be liberal in approving what is "equivalent", but you know what makes your phone ring so write about it!
Any questions, leave them in the comment section below! Otherwise, give us your four links in one comment block and collect your 2000 points in July! Or leave less than four links and collect 500 points per each link.
Liz and Bill aka BLiz