Home Inspections - When to call a Geotechnical Engineer

Home Inspector with EKAN Home Inspection CPBC #69177


On occasion, a home inspection report has as a recommendation... "further investigation required". When this 'call for action' is used effectively, what it means is that there is a serious condition that requires a technical expert's opinion on an issue.

Here's a case study where a risk has been identified and it requires a subject matter practitioner to be able to make a call on whether the issue should be acted upon. In this situation a geotechnical engineer is required to use his knowledge of rock mechanics to investigate the stability of a natural cliff face, assess the risks and if necessary, propose various courses of action.

Go to the case study here...

Posted by


EKAN Home & Property Inspections

Sunshine Coast, North Vancouver, West Vancouver 

Comments (0)