HOW TO PERSONALIZE YOUR PITCH...If You Really Want To Win!!
After getting featured on several of my past postings regarding "Pitching A Listing" I decided to share with all of you some of the techniques I used on my more successful pitches. One of my most favored posts is: "PITCHING" AS IF YOUR LIVELY-HOOD DEPENDS ON IT!..It Really Does, You Know! This was written years ago but it still fills the bill when I sit down and take the "local" approach.
Using a similar idea of taking the "story" about the home and property and applying it to the latest pitch that I am doing works so well that I have had agents ask if they could use the template--I find that to be the highest form of flattery and so I always welcome sharing it with anyone who wants to use it!
I decided to post the whole "Pitch" Package for you all to see...The only thing that is missing will be the properties that I took the owners to see for comparable values.
I want to acknowledge *Barbara Hensley for her "14 Day Action Plan" contribution to my "Pitch Package"--without that I would not have had such a complete and detailed offering for these homeowners!
It will be interesting to see if you all are able to take the format here and do something similar (If you want to...)!
MARKETING AND ADVERTISING PROPOSAL
PREPARED EXPRESSLY FOR:
Owners Name and address
Bridgehampton, New York
- In keeping with the rolling lawns and the exquisite landscaping of the property, my marketing strategy will be to put an emphasis on the grounds, the tennis court, pool, spa and pool house and the gracious way the 2.4 acre property can capture the imagination and inspire an emotional response.
- The Mid-century Modern house design is growing in popularity and this particular design and outstanding positioning on the property will allow a buyer to see if they choose to keep the house and add on to it or to replace it with the ever popular large shingled traditional with pool, pool house and tennis. Either way I am confident it will attract a multitude of potential buyers.
- The proximity to ocean beaches, world class restaurants, special and historic Bridgehampton Village shops makes this property an outstanding offering to selective buyers from here and abroad.
- The person whom I perceive as the target buyer for your beautiful property has an abundance of family and friends who are fully engaged in the life of the potential owner. The buyer may be from Europe, Brazil or Chile and may even be a Wall Street executive, looking for his or her own “statement” property.
- The desire for a wonderful vacation home and a stimulating creative retreat can be realized in Bridgehampton's Estate Corridor and the best thing is, it will not be hard to envision it right here on _____ Road!
Broker Open House
A select group of agents who handle high end properties will be invited by hand written invitation to attend an open house at the property. This will minimize the intrusion of many people walking all over your property. Any further open houses for the brokerage community will be scheduled to conform to an agreed upon day and time.
Special Note: This unique property is a perfect example of a selection for a featured article in a number of magazines and other publications. I will pursue all possibilities with our corporate office and our Marketing team in New York City. Advertising space will be available from our marketing department in New York City.
JULY 2017--LAUNCH AD
Southampton Press full page ad
Florida Cottages & Gardens
New York Post ¼ page
Florida Cottages & Gardens
Homes and Land
Southampton Press Full Color
Please Note: These ad spaces may or may not be available at the time I want to schedule the advertising; I will leave some flexibility so that I can run an ad whenever space opens up in other good advertising vehicles.
Presented by: Paula I Hathaway, LBA
DOUGLAS ELLIMAN REAL ESTATE
70 Jobs Lane, Southampton New York
*ACTION PLAN (Thanks to Barbara Hensley!)
2 WEEK QUICK-START STRATEGY
---- ------- Residence
Bridgehampton, New York
- Preview property with owner to determine a pricing strategy
- Determine the property details and featured assets for marketing purposes
- Execute Listing Agreement
- Determine showing schedule and arrangements to show. Set Up Open House Schedule, both Public and Real Estate Agent Open Houses
- Install Sign
- Enter Listing Data on OREX
- Activate Individual property website
- Order rider and sign with Company website and texting information
- Detail Amenities—Place Amenity list in OREX
- Add any additional Data and refine graphics in OREX
- Send seller a copy of signed Listing Agreement
- Immediately order professional photos to be taken
- Arrange for a second photo shoot if necessary
- Submit multiple (25) Color Photos to ORE
- Submit 25 Color Photos to Realtor.com
- Obtain Current Survey from Seller—check with Town Hall/Village Hall to see if all C of O’s are in order and up to date
- Design Color Graphics/Brochure and New Listing Postcards—Place inside home
- Design/Produce “JUST LISTED” Color Flyer with Photos and Details of Selling Area
- Design/Produce Virtual Tour /Slide Show—Email these to members of OREX and DOUGLAS ELLIMAN, New York City
- Produce “JUST LISTED” Postcards and Mail them to Prospects.
- Enter and Check Data on Various Websites—Realtor.com, NYT.com, 27East.com HathawayHamptonHomes.com, ActiveRain.com
- Set Up For Automatic Neighborhood Email Updates to Seller
- Enter Multiple Photos on additional internet sites
- Sign up for and schedule advertising on the Internet, Banner Ads, Print Ads and all other forms of advertising
- Produce Virtual Tour and Property Video
- Determine Target Market for the Property
- Plan and Execute Email Marketing Campaigns
- Blog Complete Property Details with Photos, Virtual Tours, Videos, etc. to show up on Google
- Update Seller Often—Provide Final Update for 14 Day Quick Start = DONE!
The above are a few of the activities that will take place during the first two weeks of listing your property. This period is very intense as your property is entered into the various systems.
After the first two week period, the marketing activity will fall into a well planned and executed process, and you will be receiving regular updates. Watch for your “DONE!” report.
PRICING STRATEGY AND PROPERTY PREPARATION
- Price is crucial to get the attention of the buying public, especially in today’s real estate market. There is a public perception that prices need to reflect value like never before—even in the rare and special offerings such as yours.
- Value does not need to reflect “bottom of the market” price points however and in my research I saw properties in the $8.5m range that have nothing on your property, in both size and presentation.
- My suggestion is to price the property at the higher price of $7.995m to start and look to lower to $7.495 within 30 days if it does not get the attention it deserves.
- The size of the lot is quite large and gives the feeling of sprawling grounds with endless possibilities.
- Your property is one of the prettiest I have seen in a long time and I really have no suggestions for a major preparation before selling. The two things that I did notice that would help with “first impressions” would be the artifacts that are on many of the walls--masks are terrific but can scare people so removing most of them and leaving only one wall above the book shelves will work well. There are too many chairs in the living room--I would remove the straight back chairs since they are dining room chairs and maybe add them tothe bare walls in the dining room.The pool furniture is also in need of power washing so i would do that before we shoot the photograph
- The landscaping is lush and lovely; just the right amount of shrubbery and trees make this lavish lawn look absolutely stately and perfect for the buyer who is looking for the austerity of a modern manse.
- I know that there was a thought that you may want to sell the furniture with the house. I have a suggestion regarding that because in my experience, furniture can be a deal breaker—So it is best left until after you have a deal on the property and sold as a separate transaction if someone wants it.
- This is a wonderful property for me to sell—I have sold several modern homes, among which were two of Norman Jaffe contemporary ocean front houses. I have always been able to sell a property for the higher price point when I list a home, although there are no guarantees of that!
- I look forward to hearing your thoughts on the price suggestions and the property preparation ideas presented here. Also, the advertising plan and marketing strategy are flexible and I would want to include some international advertising as well, since we have a Alliance with the Knight Frank Company in Europe and SouthAmerica.