What's so great about Garrett Park?
Big trees, wide streets, a sweet community within walking distance to the Marc train station, Garrett Park Maryland is a popular neighborhood just outside of the Nation's Capital.
You know how you instinctively roll down your car windows when are you driving through a great neighborhood? I do this every time I'm in Garrett Park. You can hear kids playing in the park and neighbors chatting while they work in their yards. It feels like you want to walk around and explore. That's exactly what I did last weekend with home buyers who fell in love with Garrett Park.
What's not to like about Garrett Park?
- Victorian homes built over 100 years ago
- Garrett Park Community Pool - established in 1954, the pool is central to community activities from Memorial Day to Labor Day
- Garrett Park Nursery School - Children ages 2-4 are in a positive environment where they are encouraged to develop at their own pace.
- Farmers Market - Saturdays from 9 a.m. to 1 p.m. The farmers market sells vegetables, fruits, seasonal plants and features local artisans work too. In the winter, the market hours are from 10 a,m, to 1 p.m.
- Garrett Park has 6 parks - Parks for playing sports or playing on playground equipment, this small community has plenty of room for children and adults to get outside.
- GP Jams & Coffee Houses - Music brings a community together. the Garrett Park Jams & Coffee Houses bring casual musicians together, of all ages, to make music. Saturday nights and the first, third and fifth Thursdays of every month, musician gather at the at the Town Hall on Kenilworth Avenue