I am with Miami Association of Realtors. For those of us who are members of a local board, we really have no excuse for not growing our real estate business. They have multiple tools, sites we can utilize and the training is awesome.
When I hear an agent complaining about not getting any support from their broker they have placed their license with, it’s just an excuse for most agents. There are sometimes you will need your broker but you really don’t need your broker for training on how to become a great agent. I am not saying that your broker should not give you training. What I am saying is that you should not use that as an excuse. In this day and time, we can get support from other places.
Are you utilizing the services that your local real estate board offers? If the answer is no, then you are making up excuses.
Here are some of the sites that the board I am affiliated with offers:
Here are some of the courses that the board I am affiliated with offers. These are just to name a few:
1. How to win with the Millennial Market
2. How to have an effective listing presentation
3. How to be successful on Social Media
4. How to win with buyers
5. How to help your clients invest in real estate
Most boards have classes that can definitely help us accelerate in real estate. Whether it's me, you or someone else that's not making the money we want to make in the business, stop blaming the broker, the buyers, or that sellers are not ready to sell, or anyone else. Guess who is at fault. Let me help you. Get the mirror!
An excuse gives you the permission to stay where you are at. If you are not satisfied with your results, here are three simple steps to follow:
1. At the end of the month, take a look at the board’s schedule (Most classes are free).
2. Make it your business to attend three to five classes per month.
3. Execute! We have six and a half more months, let's go out with a bang and forget the excuses.
Karen Jones Lewis, Realtor