June 14th is Flag Day! The Second Continental Congress adopted the flag of the United States on this date. There are some do’s and don’ts of flag etiquette so hopefully this list will help you properly display the flag:
DO the following:
- Display the U.S. flag from sunrise to sunset on buildings and stationary flagstaffs in the open.
- When placed on a single staff or lanyard, place the U.S. Flag above all other flags.
- When flags are displayed in a row, the U.S. flag goes to the observer’s left. State and local flags are usually flown lower.
- On special days, the flag may be flown at half-staff. On Memorial Day it is flown at half-staff until noon and then raised.
- When flown at half-staff, the flag should be first hoisted to the peak for an instant and then lowered to the half-staff position. When lowering, the flag should be raised to the peak again and then lowered.
DON’T do the following with the flag:
- Dip the U.S. Flag for any person, flag, or vessel.
- Let the flag touch the ground.
- Fly flag upside down unless there is an emergency.
- Carry the flag flat, or carry things in it.
- Use the flag as clothing.
- Use it as a cover.
- Draw on, or otherwise mark the flag.
- Use the flag for decoration. Use bunting with the blue on top, then white, then red.
There is a more detailed list of the do's and don'ts of flag etiquette, so if you’re interested click here.
Please take the time to properly honor the Flag of the United States of America!
Wishing you and your family a happy Flag Day!
P.S. If you are thinking of buying or selling real estate in NW Austin I’d welcome the opportunity to discuss how I can help.
Selling or buying a NW Austin home is a complex process and you want to work with a REALTOR that understands the process and the ever changing dynamics of the Austin housing market. I have systems in place, references and am a good listener and communicator. It would be my pleasure to schedule time to see if we are a good match. Reach out to me at 512.346.1799 or email at email@example.com. I offer you hands on Professional guidance serving residential home buyers and sellers.