Unincorporated Jonesboro GA spans two adjacent counties. Conveniently located in the southerly suburbs of Clayton and Fayette counties in the greater Atlanta metro, unincoporated Jonesboro is home to numerous affordable communites loaded with country charm yet close to all of metro Atlanta's numerous amenities, services and opportunities.
Jonesboro GA 30238 Clayton County, comprises a large area that includes the several shopping, business and industrial complexes, Country Greens Golf Club, numerous parks, and other family attractions. Nestled primarily between Tara Blvd./Hwy 41 and Hwy 85, the area also has convenient access to major interstate higways I-75, the I-85, providing easy access to all the amenities metro Atlanta has to offer.
Could Jonesboro 30238 be the ideal area for you and your family?
Why are people attracted to buy homes in unincorporated Jonesboro?
Besides the homey, small-town feel and convenience to shopping, services and entertainment, Jonesboro GA 30238 Clayton County is attractive to many because of its large inventory of affordable housing -- many mid-century and brick ranch-style houses with on-property parking and yards you can entertain in, in addition to a large stock of newer brick and frame cluster home communities featuring all of the modern touches today's buyers appreciate -- ensuite master baths with garden tubs, solid surface counters, hardwoods, etc. It's convenient proximity to Atlanta's Hartsfield-Jackson International Airport is another draw for people seeking to work for metro Atlanta's largest employer.
Less than 10 minutes from the airport and 20 minutes from downtown Atlanta, GA and all the businesses and attractions the metropolis has to offer, Jonesboro 30238 is a quieter residential alternative to the in-town clamor of the big city. It's a preferred place to come home to at the end of a busy workday. With diverse housing styles and prices, there are housing choices for almost everyone.
Historic significance of Jonesboro 30238 in Clayton County.
Jonesboro is the official home of "Gone With the Wind"! Residents and visitors can enjoy the "Southern Belles and Whistles" tour, which features the Road to Tara Museum and other points of interest. Stately Oaks Plantation whisks you back to 1839. The city boasts the natural beauty of evergreen parks and outdoor centers in Atlanta's "true South."
The rich antebellum history of the area is what inspired the famous story of Scarlett and Rhett. The Battle of Jonesboro was the most crucial engagement of the Georgia Campaign during the Civil War. Take the online Jonesboro Historical Tour to discover just some of the area's reason for pride in it's historical treasures.
Current real estate data for Jonesboro 30238 in Clayton County
If you are looking for property near but not in Atlanta, unincorporated Jonesboro’s family-friendly communities might fit the bill. A review of current Georgia MLS data reported for the previous quarter and year reveals the following active and sold property trends:
Current 6-month trends in Jonesboro 30238 Clayton County real estate sales
Based on data from the Georgia MLS, the first six months of 2017 show both sales and prices trending sharply upward in the spring, then dropping dramatically as the spring selling season winds up. This is somewhat reflective of a general cooling in the entire metro Atlanta market as it slows from last year's frenzied pace. Another factor is that sellers may be overpricing their homes for sale, based on last year's upward trends.
As of this writing there are 85 active homes for sale available in the area, including 18 new listings in June. The number of homes sold in the past 6 months is 164. So far, 8 new closed sales have been reported this month.
Median home prices for Jonesboro GA 30238 Clayton County
Median sale price is $105,000
Average sale price is 114,529
Median listing price is $130,000
Average listing price is $147,959
Average days on market for active available properties is 63
Average days on market for recently sold properties is 64
Note the large gap between the average asking price and the average sold price. This indicated that Jonesboro sellers may be overpricing when they bring their properties to market in 2017.
As of this writing there are an additional 62 properties in the area that are under contract but not yet closed. The median price of these homes is $127,000, and the average price is $131,211. This is a further indication of the pricing range that buyers in the current market are willing to pay.
Jonesboro GA 30238 Clayton County Real Estate Absorption
Absorption rate is the number of months it would take, on average, to sell the currently listed homes in the market. Currently, this area is enjoying a brisk market, with less than 3 months supply of inventory available for sale.
What style of housing will you find in Jonesboro GA 30238 Clayton County?
The majority of properties in unincorporated Jonesboro, GA 30238 Clayton County are typically in the 1,200 to 3,000 square foot range in an assortment of single and two-story styles. Most homes for sale were constructed from 1960 to 2014 and offer on-property or integral parking, and many have large lots for outdoor activities and room for expansion. Another good sign: new construction has begun in several subdivisions.
This is an active market area, popular with buyers. An average of 35 new home for sale listings hit the market each month, and an average of 30 home sales close each month.
Schools serving Jonesboro GA students
Schools that serve the area are the elementary, middle and high schools of the Clayton County School District, including south metro Atlanta area's only Performing Arts Magnet High School and Performing Arts Center, as well as nearby Clayton State University.
Recreation, Culture and Entertainment serving unincorporated Jonesboro 30238 Clayton County
- Lee Street Park. Located in the city center, Lee Street park is where local go to purchase farm fresh produce at the Clayton Fresh Farmers Market. In the evenings, residents can relax to the sounds of various national, local and regional performing artists at the Lee Street Amphitheater.
- Fun Junction USA is just down Hwy 85, offering two dozen family attractions, thrill rides, go karts, and 3 mini golf courses.
- Arts Clayton gallery features the artistry of local, regional and national artists and craftspersons.
- Clayton County boasts a first-rate public library system.
- Clayton County Parks and Recreation operates several conveniently loxcated parks with tennis and playgrounds in the area.
- Clayton County Senior Services provides activities and services to residents aged 55+
- Clayton County is a community of deep pride. They consider their county as "Atlanta's True South" and welcome visitors and tourists year-round. Contact the Visitors and Convention Center to plan your trip or event.
- The Clayton County Water Authority operates Melvin L. Newman Wetlands Center (NWC). A visit to the Newman Center will delight nature-lovers young and old. The center is the focal point of the Clayton County Water Authority's community education efforts, created to demonstrate the importance of preserving wetlands environments and to provide public education in matters of natural resource conservation. Since its opening in 1995, the Wetlands Center has hosted more than 300,000 visitors from all over Georgia and the world.
- Stately Oaks plantation house tours attract thousands of visitors each year who want to explore the preserved plantation house upon which the mythical Tara was modeled.
- Learn More about the city and services in Jonesboro GA 30238 Clayton County