Summer is Here and Cool Tips Matter
We have been waiting for summer to come out way with the large amounts of rain we have been having. This is the official day of the start of summer and it is a picture perfect day in RI real estate.
Our energy provider, National Grid in RI, always offers tips when the heat and humidity of the summer season is at hand and shifting off the ocean
or Narragansett Bay. I am recapping some of their hot tips for a greener summer.
Learn to listen to your body’s needs in this warm weather, use energy conservatively and be energy efficient in your use in your home and office, as follows:
1. Take a cool shower
2. Wear lighter clothing
3. Open windows to let the breeze flow in
4. Drink a cool non-alcoholic beverage
5. Limit your exercise regimen
6. Let the cool night air in
7. Close windows and shades during the day
8. Use fans to keep the air flowing
9. Enjoy cold meals
10. Avoid adding heat from the stove/oven to any room
11. Install a low flow showerhead
12. Wash your clothes in cold water
13. Use a clothes line to dry your clothing
14. Lower the temperature on your hot water heater
So are you listening to these 14 cool tips for the summer season? I know you can think of many more to add to this list. My favorite has to be using the clothes line which brings back memories of being with my grandmother as she did the laundry.
Beat the Heat - 14 Cool Energy Tips for the Summer.