The Feng Shui Bagua map (also called ba-gua or pakua) is one of the main tools utilized in Feng Shui to analyze the energy of any given space. For this particular post, I am focusing on the BTB [Black Hat] bagua map of Feng Shui.
Translated from Chinese, bagua literally means "8 areas.” You could perceive the bagua map as an energy map or life station map, that is superimposed over an entire floor plan, single room or yard to show where the eight corresponding energy meridians are located.
What are the eight Ba-gua Map life sections?
- Health & Family [Ancestors]
- Wealth & Abundance
- Fame & Reputation
- Marriage & Relationships
- Creativity & Children
- Helpful People & Travel
- Career & Life Journey
- Spirituality, Knowledge & Wisdom
Learn how to place the bagua map over your home in 4 easy steps:
1. Print out or hand draw your home's entire floor plan. If you have a multiple level home, to begin just focus on the first level. Remember to include all rooms; bathrooms, bedrooms, closets, etc. Indicating where windows, hallways, patio doors, stairs and the garage is located, is all necessary. The example I have above is of a one bedroom apartment.
Side Note: Its suggested to have a floor plan that is in the shape of a square or rectangle. Why? These shapes relate to wholeness and offer a strong supportive foundation to build upon energetically. I will create another post to share what happens when you do not have the 'perfect' square or rectangular floor plan shape.
2. Locate your actual front door entrance and face the front door side of your floor plan at your belly.
3. To the best of your ability, divide the entire floor plan into 9 even sections. I illustrated this concept in the above diagram. You'll notice there are nine life sections indicated. Health is in the center box (creating 9 sections), which is also called 'the heart of the home' or ' tai chi.'
4. Place your Ba-gua map side-by-side with the drawing of your floor plan and transfer the life sections onto your drawing.
How did you ? If you wish to share in the comment box, please do.
You may also enjoy: 5 Ba-gua Map Life Sections not to Ignore when Feng Shui-ing Your Home
All Photos of Ba-gua Maps copyright 2017 by Feng Shui Manhattan, Inc