So, selling this summer? If you are like many others across the country, you may live in a Homeowners Association (HOA). If so, you might consider these items before selling:
- Are your dues and fees paid and current? You will have to pay (or receive credit from buyer) up to the day of closing, plus any fees or fines on your account. Check and pay past fees in advance of selling to avoid surprises!
- Do you have any unresolved issues, like fines or violations? They don't go away because you decide to sell.
- Is there a transfer fee to sell? I bet there is!
- Do you have copies of all the needed HOA documents to pass on to the buyers? If not, get them now or you could have a delay at closing.
- Are you allowed a sign? Check before you incur a fine or use the wrong colors or put it in the wrong locations.
Paying attention to your HOA rules will make the sale a bunch smoother!