When buying a home in Winchester, VA, there certain things you'll want to consider. Some things are obvious, and some are easy to overlook in the excitement of a new home purchase. For instance, your considerations may be,
1. How much can I spend? That's something you will need to know before you ever get in the car to look at a property. There is no sense in looking at a $500,000 house on a $125,000 budget. How much can you spend? You will want to talk to a loan officer before you get to far into your search. He/she can help you determine how much you can afford to spend on a new home. Your Cornerstone agent will need to know that information when you meet.
2. What do I really need? Want? When buying a home in Winchester, VA, you need to know how many bedrooms, bathrooms, etc., will you need? Then, if you had the option, what do you want that exceeds your needs? Your Cornerstone Business Group agent can help you discover if the house you need or want is available in your price range.
3. If you have kids, you will want to ask, "What schools will my children attend?" Go by and take a look. Are they schools you want your kids to attend? If they aren't, that will likely mean more decisions. If you found the perfect house with a poor school district, you may consider and search out private schools, or you may even consider homeschooling.
4. Do you want neighbors? When buying a home in Winchester, VA you have a lot of options. Do you want neighbors? If you love the idea of neighborhood get-togethers - you will want to look in town or in the suburbs. If you really don't want to see a neighbor every time you walk outside, you will likely need to look at country living. Both locations have their advantages.
5. Where is the closest shopping? Do you want to drive 5,10, 20, 30 miles to buy groceries? Location, location, location. What's the best location for you?
6. How close do you need to be to your work? If your work demands immediate response to a distress call, that may affect your decision. You can't afford to be an hour away if that's the case.
7. Do you have health issues that may be potentially dangerous if you're not near a hospital?
8. Do you need to be near a major highway?
9. Would bad weather make it difficult to get to local services, school or work?
10. Will this be a long term purchase, or are you just looking for a starter home? If you have a vision of a much bigger home with land or other amenities, but your budget isn't there yet, you will want to look at homes that are easy to turn around and sell in any economy. Buy what you can afford that will be easy to sell.
There are a lot more issues that you need to consider when buying a home other than price. When the time comes to start that process, call the Cornerstone Business Group, Inc., and we will help you get started. We are your local real estate sales pros.
Buying a home in Winchester, VA.